Head of Production Support Team in Canada
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
BNP Paribas is engaged in significant banking operations activity in North America, and this position is in line with achieving the bank’s object to expand its regionalized structure in Montreal.
For Corporate Banking Operations, perform specified duties in support of Operations including, but not limited to, as follows:
• Serve as a point of contact for Operations Teams reporting of processing and systems incidents, performing initial analysis and attempt to resolve prior to referral to relevant Application Support team if further analysis/action is required.
• Performance of control procedures, including review of exception reports, investigation and follow-up for resolution of exception items;
• Perform sanctions screening and follow-up as well as other support functions related to the trade finance activity;
• Perform production support duties related to the loan, trade, supply chain and payment systems utilized by Corporate Banking Operations, including but not limited to review and approval of remittance instructions in Operations and Payments systems, including sanctions screening related thereto.
For Corporate Banking specific projects / initiatives, i.e. process improvement or implementation of a new activity / product:
Act as a liaison between Operations and IT by:
• Bridging the gap between processes and systems
• Providing a holistic vision on how to achieve the objectives of the operations line
• Reporting system bugs / crashes and defining enhancement requests
• Following up on issues reported to IT to ensure timely resolution
Assist in the management of Global Banking Operations Operations Line projects / initiatives for process improvements: prioritize, structure, plan, and execute projects in accordance with ITO-CB’s project management methodology and standards, as follows:
• As directed document and update project plan; report project status, issues, and risks to the project manager
• Participate in and contribute to the preparation of project meetings
• Participate in the creation of test cases
• Participates in projects to optimize / streamline ops line processes and procedures and assist the project managers in all aspects of the project as directed:
Assist to coordinate the regional piece of global ITO-CB initiatives / projects, support deployment of major CIB group initiatives, and collaborate with IT teams (BA, Application Support and Development) on IT projects for the business requirement, testing, and roll-out phases:
• In conjunction with the project team, assist in understanding business needs and in devising an efficient and effective solution to meet those needs
• Participate in the functional testing phase (i.e. User Acceptance Test) of production system enhancements / new functionalities / other ops line IT initiatives in coordination / collaboration with Operations, IT, and external stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Risk). Contribute to the preparation of functional test cases and test plans. Also performs UAT processes and analysis of results as assigned
• Participate in the implementation of system enhancements / new functionalities; make recommendations to optimize the use of systems and/or streamline processing; assist in the data migration effort following migration and contingency plans, deployment schedules, and procedures
• Ensure timely completion of quality deliverables, identify and manage dependencies / critical path, monitor progress, and report project status to the various project committee meetings
• Assist to devise contingency plans for risks and issues identified / escalated by the project team
• Assist to drive change management and support Operations teams during deployment / transition phases
• Gather all required information for analysis, e.g. procedures, business process descriptions and workflows
• Analyze processes and devise approaches to improve ops line processes includes assisting to develop process enhancements, design workflows, document processes, and update procedures
• Prepare and provide training on new processes to Specialized Operations, Operations, and any other ops line team members, as needed
Foster regular, open communication to ensure that project stakeholders are informed of developments / issues related to on-going projects
Populate dashboards and help monitor KPIs for operational efficiency and performance contributing to:
• Defining KPIs for operational efficiency and performance
• Determining the reporting process for the ops line to include statistical reporting
Monitor operational performance (e.g. keep track of errors to identify weaknesses in procedures, training, and performance within the ops line)
Participate in periodic process reviews to ensure continuous improvement of ops line processes
Help strengthen operational controls and contribute to the operational permanent control framework in conjunction with the Governance team
Keep business continuity plan up-to-date in conjunction with the bank’s BCP Team, as needed
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
Knowledge in the Global Banking Operations services industry with transversal knowledge of a wide range of banking products and processes, such as Trade Finance Operations, Lending Operations, ALM, Cash Management, Payments, Management Accounting, and Financial Reporting
Experience with banking applications (e.g. loan / credit management, trade finance, and cash management / payment applications), ability to develop understanding of the applications utilized by the Bank
Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
Proficiency in Excel macros a plus
Experience in business analysis and business process improvement
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills – i.e. the ability to anticipate problems and solve them quickly and effectively
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with a disciplined and structured approach to work
A self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple objectives, work under time pressure / constraints, and take ownership for completing assigned tasks
Ability to build strong working relationships with internal groups to ensure good communication and efficient business flow
Motivated and positive attitude
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
Good communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
Ability to build strong working relationships to execute and successfully complete projects
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.