MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The person will perform a Business Analyst / Product Expert role within the Regulatory Controls - Compliance IT team. Focus will primarily be on our existing Sanctions Filtering platform. The IT & business platform within this scope is PRIME / Corporate & Institutional Banking. This role will be based out of the BNPP Montreal office.
Conduct detailed BA/SME work for Sanctions Filtering IT (Compliance) team. Specific duties include:
• Analyze functional & system processes, do data-mapping, extract data to validate
• Develop/Write Business Requirements with Compliance users,
• Create Functional & Technical Specifications document,
• Develop & Execute Test plan (Including writing Test Cases, and Traceability Matrix).
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise with Sanctions IT platforms including PRIME
• Provide on-going support of the Sanctions Filtering application – PRIME’s OFAC Reporter
• Work with Compliance to identify appropriate methodology to cover various scenarios and validate existing setup.
Knowledge of Corporate Banking business & systems, and Sanction Filtering is needed. Proficiency in SQL, and Excel is also required.
Success in the role is heavily dependent on the ability to work cooperatively with both business users and technical team.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 2-3 years of experience in Corporate and Institutional Banking IT, with a full understanding of the Corporate Banking activity
• Experience with implementing and managing of Sanctions Filtering tools like PRIME’s OFAC Reporter, Fircosoft with a large global bank
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical issues in a simple concise manner
• Experience in writing – PID, Business Requirements doc, Functional Specifications and Test Plans for Corporate and Institutional Banking.
• Good understanding of Data Analysis and Data Mapping
• Strong coordination and organisational skills.
• Multi-tasking capabilities.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Conscientious, easy to communicate with other people
• Highly motivated and self-directed
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.