In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization, located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future.
The person selected for this role will be a key member of the Sanctions Filtering team tasked to deliver multiple complex projects in the AML and Sanctions Filtering area. This role is within the Client Engagement & protection IT (AML Compliance) team. Focus will primarily be on the FIS-Prime OFAC Reporter platform, within Corporate & Institutional Banking.
The candidate will partner with the Compliance & Financial Security teams to be the “go to” for functional and product expertise for the sanction filtering solution platform.
The position at a glance
- Function as Product Expert /SME and Team Lead in the Sanction Filtering IT domain.
- Ability to convert business requirements into a functional and technical solution.
- Knowledge of Sanction Filtering and AML solutions is required. Proficiency in SQL, and Excel is also essential.
- Success in the role is heavily dependent on the ability to work independently, and manage resources.
Conduct detailed PM/SME & Team Lead work for Sanctions Filtering IT (Compliance) team. Specific duties include:
- Analyze functional & system process to strategize and implement the solution to meet business and regulatory needs
- Ability to extract and analyze data from various banking systems for Sanctions Filtering needs
- Assist Compliance users with creating the Business Requirements
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on Sanctions IT platforms including FIS-PRIME / Fircosoft
- Work with Compliance to identify appropriate methodology to cover various scenarios and validate existing setup. Develop & document Technical solution & design
- Create Functional & Technical Specifications
- Develop & Execute Test plan (Including writing Test Cases, and Traceability Matrix) along with assisting users with the UAT process
- Provide on-going support of the Sanctions Filtering application – FIS-PRIME’s OFAC Reporter
- Coordinate with various IT and Business teams to implement and support various Filtering processes
- Develop and track project plan for all BAU and project activities, as well as track progress and report status to management and stakeholders regularly.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- 12-15 years of experience in Corporate and Institutional Banking IT, with a full understanding of the Corporate Banking activity
- 7-9 years of experience with implementing, and managing of Sanctions Filtering tools like PRIME’s OFAC Reporter, Fircosoft with a large global bank.
- 3-5 years of experience managing Sanctions Filtering IT teams
- Knowledge of Corporate Banking business & systems and Sanction Filtering is required.
- Proficiency in SQL and Excel is required.
- Good understanding of Data Analysis and Data Mapping
- Strong coordination and organizational skills.
- Experience in writing – PID, Business Requirements doc, Functional Specifications and Test Plans for Corporate and Institutional Banking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical solutions and issues in a simple concise manner.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with Multi-tasking capabilities.
- Success in the role is heavily dependent on the ability to work cooperatively with both business and technical teams.
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- All BNP Paribas Canada employees must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **