Business Analyst (FircoSoft) – Compliance Officer
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Position opened at BNP PARIBAS GROUP – Compliance Hub Lisbon - within the TG&RA (Tools Governance and Risk Assurance) Department for the Transaction Screening Tuning team. The team his based in Lisbon, working closely with Paris teams and its main activity is focused on optimizing the transactions filtering engine by implementing Exceptions and Rules in order to reduce the number of false positive alerts against Sanctions and Embargoes list.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Tuning Analyst will need to identify Exceptions and Rules (E&R) in the FircoSoft tools:
- Analysis of false positive hits from statistics
- Business Lines requests
- Creation/migration projects about the FircoSoft filtering of banking transactions
- Writing the E&R within FircoSoft Rule generator tool (FML)
- Performing set of test within FircoSoft filtering simulation tool (FLV
- Formalization of the E&R for validation by the Group Financial Security
- Four-eyes verification and activation in Tuning Production
- Development and improvement of the statistical reporting tools used to help the identification and implementation of the E&R Tuning
- Creating and running the non-regression tests for filter engine calibration according to the Compliance Policy
- Identify proactively measures and strategies in order to improve the filtering experience
- Master’s Degree Engineering school or equivalent
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including strong Excel skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Up to years’ experience in Risk, Audit or Compliance functions
- Knowledge of FircoSoft tools, Banking messaging (Swift, SEPA, among others)
- Excellenat planning, organizational and time management skills
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.