Job Description: Business Analyst (Axiom Reg Reporting)
BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com), is a European leader in global banking and financial services and is one of the strongest banks in the world (Rated AA by Standard & Poor's i.e. 3rd rating on a scale of 22).Headquartered in France, BNP Paribas has one of the largest international networks with operations in more than 80 countries and 200,000 employees. Its three core businesses are:
Corporate and Investment Banking
BNP Paribas India Solutions Pvt Ltd.
BNP Paribas India Solutions (BNPPISPL) is a global delivery centre for BNP Paribas Group; BNPPISPL provides IT Solutions, BPO and Knowledge Services to the international Corporate and Investment Banking business of BNP Paribas Group.
Job and Person Specification
Finance Shared Service
Shift Timings , if any:
Job Purpose :
The Business Analyst is responsible
Key Responsibilities :
Business Analyst Responsibilities
· Elicit, analyze, and document Business/Functional requirements and procedure documents
· Plan, test and document UAT/System/Integration testing up to successful delivery of project
· Co-ordinate with the stakeholders on sign off and approval of User/Business requirement, Test cases and Test results
· Deliver Functional Support and Business Analysis within agreed timeframe and managing issues and timely escalations
· Perform KPI automation analysis and prepare analysis report
· Be well versed with regulatory reporting concepts and Finance reporting knowhow.
· Liaise with cross functional teams, business groups, IT and PMO organizations in New York, New Jersey, California, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
· Provide effective support to Axiom regulatory Reporting system users as part of the Finance Systems and Data Support team on a rotational basis
· Contribute to the design and implementation of processes that aim to improve the Finance Systems framework.
· Contribute to knowledge sharing across the COO Organization.
· SQL knowledge is important for analysis and trouble shooting support requests
Candidate Requirements for the role:
• Education Background:
• MBA in Finance, Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
• #years of experience:
• 3 to 5 years of experience in the field of Accounting and / or Accounting systems and implementation in financial service industry
• Experience in Axiom or any Regulatory or Finance Reporting tool.
• Technical knowledge & Skills:
• Strong Microsoft software Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint )
• Knowledge/experience of: SQL,Oracle basic to intermediate query building
• Preferred Industry / Domain experience :
• Former experiences within a Finance function in Banking and Financial Services
• Experience must include Business Analysis and Functional recon and controls.
• Behavioural Skills / Competencies:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical or accounting levels.
• Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
MBA in Finance, Bachelor’s Degree in Finance