About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Finance Shared Services (FSS) in BNP Paribas is an integral part of the BNP Paribas Finance functions. Working cohesively with global teams in APAC, EMEA and Americas, FSS provides support for Performance Management, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Accounting Controls, Accounts Payable, Functional Business Analysis and Project Support, Project Management Office roles.
CIB Finance Accounting Systems department is part of Finance Shared Services and is primarily responsible for business analysis, functional support and developing tactical solutions for CIB Finance globally.
Business Analyst - Regulatory Reporting
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To ensure the stability of financial markets required for the real economy to grow, regulators are increasingly targeting at Banks to provide more comprehensive and more frequent information on their activities. As a privileged partner for the regulators, the Finance department sees its reporting process reinvented. The Accounting Projects & Systems (APS) team, located at the junction of Finance and IT, is responsible for designing and maintaining solutions.
Our team captures reporting requirements from the users located all across APAC, comes up with efficient propositions, implements solution and follows up to guarantee user comfort on the long run.
To operate efficiently, the team is constituted of complementing profiles: business analysts understand the logic from the users and develop the reports, data managers are the reference for data sourcing, SMEs develop complex logic components and enhance the solution framework and project managers orchestrate the work and communication on the progress. Collective discussions on the design/strategy and agile approach to project ensure the best compromise between long term robustness and immediate usability of the solution.
The Regulatory Reporting team is ramping up to about 20 members to address the ambitious project of standardizing the activity for APAC region. This long-term project involves the reporting of Balance Sheet, P&L, Capital and a more recent and intense focus on liquidity, especially Basel III LCR requirement.
Regional Regulatory Reporting Project :
o To drive the user requirement gathering process and the analysis accordingly
o To identify the project priority/ constraint for the project plan
o To keep the solution's global functional design documentation and data dictionary up to date
o To guide various project actors through the functional documentation and participate in the architecture decision
o To streamline processes and challenge practices in front of entity CFOs
o To contribute to a long term sustainable design
o To perform/support system testing (e.g. SIT & UAT)
o To help Project Manager by providing expertise on the complexity of proposed design, estimation on workload/timelines for our team as well as other contributors, insight on issues faced and related remediation.
System Enhancement & Production Support :
o To provide support to resolve production incident raised by end user
o To identify the root cause of the incident by applying sound error tracing techniques
o To liaise with the related parties (e.g. IT, Operations, Front Office) to resolve the incident in a timely and permanent manner
- Coordinate with the team to ensure administration, reporting, resiliency, etc.
- Collaborate with global Finance users to improve processes
- Contribute to innovation & change
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Background in Finance function with an understanding of accounting principles
• Understanding of banking operations, systems and front to back system framework
• Analytical, lateral thinker and result-oriented person with good problem solving and conflict management skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
• Self-initiative and good team player
Good knowledge of General Ledgers or Capital Markets/products or Sourcing Systems
- Basic understanding of financial accounting & reporting concepts
- Comfortable with basic office tools (MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Use of MS Excel for analysis, user cases preparation.
- SQL skills are preferred but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of parametrization, reference data, inter-relationships, mapping tables and hierarchies
- Ability to work with complex interrelated finance data and understand patterns, relationships, data flows, data quality topics
- Basic database concepts like tables, views, queries, BI reports
- Experience in business analysis, project management around:
- Planning, scheduling
- user requirement & functional specifications documents
- Test Strategy, Cases Evidence
- Managing meetings, preparing summaries and status reports
- Understanding organizational & IT processes like releases, sprints, job schedules, file feeds etc.
- Fundamentals of project planning (phases, milestones, tasks, dependencies)
- Good communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Listening skills to elicit the user requirement and translate them to functional specifications.
- Very good analytical skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Multi-tasking, prioritization, negotiation
- Experience in working and coordinating with Global teams
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Degree in Accounting, Computing or any other related subjects
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Banking
• Experience working in project (as the lead user / project team)
• Knowledge of Accounting Systems (e.g. SAP)
Other Preferred Competencies (not mandatory):
• CPA, CFA or other related professional certificates
• Regulatory/ Financial reporting exposure (HKMA, MAS or other APAC regulators; Basel rules)
• Experience with Data warehousing / Business Intelligence Reporting/ Data Modeling. High level of comfort around data
• Other Computer skills : MS Access/ Excel Macro/ programming language
• Available for occasional business travel