BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Role and responsibilities
The Business Analyst has the following responsibilities:
- Understand and analyse the needs of the Business related to one or more functional domains, with the aim of enhancing the IS with appropriate and sustainable solutions in line with the entity’s strategic plan and the related request portfolio
- Ensure that the solution is compatible with the requirements derived from the Business’s needs
- Contact person within the project or maintenance teams and for the Business for Data and functional aspects
- Contribute to preliminary studies with the Business
- Participate, as necessary, in monitoring the portfolio and prioritizing requests in their scope of activity
- Clarify, analyze from a critical and constructive perspective and, as necessary, challenge the need expressed by the Business regarding the entity’s strategic plan
Academic Degree in Economics, Management, Accounting or similar
Experience in banking industry is a plus
Fluent in English
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, namely Excel and PowerPoint
Team work, Analytical thinking, Positive attitude, Organisational commitment, Customer Service orientation and Focus on results
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.