Job Description – ISPL Central BA Team
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
Business Analyst/Test Manager (Trade- ebanking channels)
Central BA team
Business Line / Function
Test Manager/Business Analyst
Olivier Degorgue (Paris IT)
Richard Ferrier (Paris IT)
Number of Direct Reports
Directorship / Registration
To beef up the Trade Banking Channels team with a double skill of Business Analyst on one hand, and Test Manager on the other hand on projects of Trade Finance global releases for Connexis Trade.
To work closely with Paris Business Analyst team on issuing functional specifications for the enhancements and issues reported in production.
Test Manager activities
To work closely with Paris Test Management team and TCOE-Testing team on managing and coordinating on functional test campaigns as well as Users validation campaigns.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES (Manual and/or Automation)
- Understanding client requirements and preparing implementation roadmap.
- Assist in performing systematic business analysis, validating business requirements to align with business/operations needs as well as IT architecture and security standards.
- Assist in providing tactical/strategic solutions for new client requirements
- Designing functional solutions & user workflows and documenting Functional Specifications.
-To walkthrough requirement and proposed solutions to all stakeholders and get it reviewed and
- Documenting/reviewing user manuals and release notes as required
-Assist in providing tactical/strategic solutions for new client requirements
- Assist in the conversion/migration exercise where necessary
Test Manager activities
- Preparing Test Strategy, Test effort estimation, Test Planning and scheduling of test activities, Capacity planning for test campaigns
- Pilot the Functional test team (TCOE) and the UAT Prepare Release test plan/Sprint plan (manage the progression, manage/escalate the risks, report)
- Planning, Scheduling and tracking tasks assigned to teams, coordinating between Project Managers and Testing team.
- Interacting with global teams to agree work package deliverables (functional, automation, performance and security testing) and ensure successful and timely execution of test activities
- Influencing and directing the test approach for a number of different projects to ensure effective and efficient completion of testing activities
- Ensuring that formal reviews of documentation and test assets are carried out effectively. Responsible for the quality of the test deliverables and effectiveness of the test effort
- Implement Risk based testing and other testing techniques.
- Implementing a consistent offshore testing process across a number of project teams
- Risk Management, change management, defect management, following configuration management practices.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Strong functional & business analysis skills with ability to communicate and bridge between business/operations
- Good functional experience in Trade Finance Product and applications.
Good team player with great commitment and attitude.
Good communication and coordination skill among multiple teams that are cross cultural and cross country.
Ability to work independently
Familiar with standard formats such as SWIFT, EDIFACT, ISO20022 & data transformations.
Proficiency in Unix/Shell scripts, XML and Oracle/PLSQL
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Graduate degree in IT/Computer Science or equivalent
Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Testing - Corporate Banking environment Trade
Finance (ebanking Channels) IT Business Analyst.
Hands- on Experience with Selenium tool
Added-value for candidates having got a certificate in ISTQB Level 2 (International standard for test methodologies)