Graduate / Junior Business Analyst
The IT team at BNP Paribas Personal Finance are currently seeking Junior Business Analyst to join our busy team. This role would suit someone looking for personal development in a fast paced environment, offering a variety of work with managers who support your career goals.
You’ll be responsible for gathering requirements, analysing, documenting and proposing solutions for large and/or complex business areas including workflow and functional specifications. When you join our team, you’ll be working on smaller project from start to finish as well as supporting senior managers with large projects.
- Supporting with the creation of project plans for IT work-streams as part of overall project plan
- Work with suppliers to deliver in line with project plans
- Support the development team, Business Analysts and internal IT Team to deliver in line with department plans
- Collect, understand, and transmit the business requirements for the projects, and translate there into functional specifications and detailed test plans
- Analyse the requirements and ensure that business implications for all areas have been considered, challenging the originator as required
- Support the members of the Fixed Term delivery team with larger projects
- Produce weekly status reports and provide these to line manager
- Plan and execute testing, providing documented proof of testing results for business sign off.
- Escalate and serious issues that could jeopardise the delivery of system change to the line manager / Project Manager / Head of Delivery.
- University Degree in a Computer Science or related discipline, or demonstrable working experience
- Knowledge of Tallyman would be beneficial
- Experience in testing, writing test scripts and plans
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of varied levels
- Ability to present ideas and writing requirement specifications in a user friendly language
- Flexible approach to tasks, and ability to think on your feet
- Flexible approach to work- you may be required to travel to alternative sites to support business needs, and understanding that we are a technology dependant 24/7-364 business is paramount.