BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas is recruiting for its European Finance Operations Center in Lisbon, part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure its publication and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
Within Group Finance, Group Sponsored Program Management (GSPM) accompanies the initiatives that are granted a specific sponsoring by the Group (e.g. external growth, regulatory, transformation, development projects).
GSPM assists the entity, helps to setup the appropriate governance bodies and provides the methodology, tools and reporting models. Each initiative receives a dedicated contact within GSPM to help launch and structure the initiative for project monitoring purposes.
During the implementation phase, GSPM supports the capture of both qualitative and financials project input, the data quality check, the consolidation of financial information and the follow-up of objectives and costs against validated plans. GSPM also ensures a periodical reporting on initiative’s progress and key changes to the Group Comex and other stakeholders.
We are looking for a Business Analysis – Team Leader, that will ensure that all programs are set-up and operate consistently (processes, methodologies, governance), acting as the methodology’s guardian and controller, as well as coordinate and manage the interaction’s flows with the other entities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and control the initiative’s set-up
- Ensure that all initiative activities operate consistently
- Oversee the preparation of Governance meeting materials
- Maintain effective relations and interactions between the PMO and the partners in the chain: Initiative responsible & PMO, Business partners, Support
- Propose, develop and collaborate in maintaining an effective and efficient organization model complying with the defined governance and policies
- Assist the Head of GSPM in the timely management of the overall objectives
- Support the team members in function of their responsibilities and domain of action
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related areas
- Professional experience: at least 5 years of experience in a similar role and organisation, of which 3 with team management responsibility
- Very good knowledge of sourcing, treatment and reporting processes and tools
- Knowledge of banking environment and products is a plus
- Experience with Access, Business Object / Cognos tools or IT development projects (business requirements, testing) is a plus
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level). French is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team management/leadership
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Pro-active attitude with ability to work with international and cross-functional teams
- Strong rigor capacity, precision and quality
- Detailed oriented and able to work under tight deadlines in a fast changing environment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered