At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for directing the functional activities of development, implementation, and enhancement of the business line's systems. Provides management with direction and leadership in technical areas. Provides advice for technical direction and support of highly complex business systems, system applications, specifications and procedures and impact.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Directs the development, implementation, and enhancement of business line's systems including: reviewing and implementing changes in system parameters and formats; ensuring hardware and software systems compatibility; and coordinating and/or modifying system parameters, improvements and/or upgrades.
- Reviews the formulation and definition of large project/system scope and objectives and development of detailed systems specifications and determine appropriate changes to effect improvements, reduce costs, and enhance efficiency.
- Oversees change controls, compliance, risk management, business continuity activities for all business systems.
- Directs the evaluation existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. Reviews the analysis, development and revisions to existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Participates with bank partners and vendors both long-term and short-term plans and provides detail for the question and installation of software and equipment.
- Partners with management on approval for all contracts negotiated on systems along with maintaining contract administration in accordance with the Bank standards and compliance.
- Ensures accurate system documentation (including policies and procedures), SLA agreements, audit readiness, and an effective disaster recovery process.
- Ensures adherence to Bank and policies and procedures, security measures and audit and compliance standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of business systems architecture.
- Thorough knowledge of programming, documentation and interface requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of systems hardware, software, and system administration.
- Thorough knowledge of financial Banking systems.
- Thorough knowledge of applications development methodologies.
- Regional Banking Group.
- Extensive experience with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Project, and others, is required.
- Experience with HP Quality Center (formerly Mercury), QTP, and other testing tools is highly desirable.
- Experience with Requirements Management software is desirable.
- Experience with QA environments desirable.
- Experience with ETL tools and various database tools to support Oracle and SQL are desirable.
- Preparation of effective reporting and presentation of information for monthly status reports, 1 on 1's, skip-levels, and other venues.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Operations