Bus Ops - IT Risk & Governance CoE Analyst
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
q Bank of the West is a regional financial services company, headquartered in San Francisco, California. It is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas. It has more than 600 branches and offices in the Midwest and Western United States.
q The requirement is for the IT Risk & Governance CoE Analyst, which is part of the Business Operations/Management group.
Team member – Risk & Governance
26th Sep 2019
Business Line / Function:
Business Operations – Bank of the West IT
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
ISPL is seeking a Senior Analyst with extensive budget management business coordination experience to join the IT Business Management team.
The role includes budget management, capacity planning, tracking of training and skills assessments, assistance with rollout of a training platform and compliance training tracking and reporting.
• Define, maintain and work with IT teams to oversee the implementation of policies and procedures.
• Represent IT in relevant audit meetings and assist IT groups in closing findings.
• Define, write and maintain controls
• Support remediation efforts, assessments, new standards and documentation.
• Ongoing maintenance and strengthening of controls and alignment with IT governance
• Support IT in implementing any Operational and Technology Risk and Control assessment or program or initiative. Manage the scope and the calendar, facilitate the assessments/implementation, ensure action plan follow-up.
• Coordinate the risks identification and action plan follow-up.
• Coordinate and promote the identification and recording of historical operational risk incidents.
• Provide action plans for FFIEC Cybersecurity Assessment Tool, attend and participate in Cybersecurity meetings and workshops, provide IT metrics, track IT Cybersecurity related findings and declaratives.
• Identify and report/escalation alerts on issues related to Governance, Compliance, and Operational Risk.
• Contribute to any Operational and Technology Risk and Internal Control and statement/reporting.
• Actively participate in automation efforts to enhance current reporting processes for KRI/KPI and risk and control posture.
• Work in close collaboration / liaise with Operational and Technology Risk and Audit teams (2nd and 3rd lines of Defense, and contribute to 1st LOD governance structure and operational practices.
• Familiarity with GRC (governance, risk, compliance) methodologies, tools and enablers in the financial services sector
• IT and financial services industry experience required
• Experience writing and managing IT policies and procedures throughout their lifecycle
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong computer skills including MSOffice (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Visio) and Sharepoint preferred
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to deliver quality work product in a timely fashion in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with a focus on quality, completeness and accuracy
• The ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• The ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of various compliance and regulatory areas (e.g. SOX, FFIEC)
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related field strongly preferred;
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
• CISA, CRISC, CIA, CPA, CISM, CISSP or other related risk and control certification is an asset
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)