What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for analyzing system generated alerts and referring suspicious transaction activity to make case determinations on FinCEN reportable items in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act. Documents moderately complex cases and ensures all reporting requirements are met in compliance with government regulations and bank policies and BSA procedures. Responsible for meeting performance and quality KPI standards while working in a professional production environment...
- Researches, analyzes, recommends and investigates customer activity for potential AML-related suspicious activity. Researches and documents moderately complex cases generated from automated monitoring system and referred by Bank personnel for potential Anti-Money Laundering related activity and makes recommendations for SAR (Suspicious Activity Reporting) to FinCEN or Non-SAR case determinations.
- Reviews and analyzes automated alerts for potential suspicious activity maintaining a production and performance standards
- Investigates cases involving, but not limited to cash structuring, transactions involving Bank designated High Risk Countries (HRC), wire transfers, commercial loan payments, and reports from branches regarding their customer's activity.
- Prepares Suspicious Activity Reports, and other required reports in compliance with established regulatory guidelines and time frames.
- Prepares and thoroughly documents factual and impartial findings in an accurate and timely manner for reportable and non-reportable cases.
- Communicates with branch and department managers, as necessary, in researching and investigating cases.
- Develops contacts with federal and state law enforcement agencies to facilitate investigations.
- Documents results of investigations on case management system and meets reporting requirements of both internal and external entities. Substantiates NON-SAR decisions with documentation.
- Compiles data, and maintains necessary records and files to assure efficient and consistent reporting of investigations.
- Makes recommendations for closing accounts and performs associated follow up to ensure closure of the accounts.
- Maintains a good understanding of the BSA regulations and FinCEN guidelines relative to BSA Suspicious Activity Reporting and current money laundering schemes and investigative techniques required to detect such schemes.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the Bank's systems used to conduct research of customer transaction activity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Ability to work Independently with a close attention to regulatory deadlines
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Required license(s) or certification(s) CAMS preferred
Minimum of 3 years with BSA/AML, CDD or EDD, and / or conducting and managing financial investigations and/or research such as in bank operations, security, compliance, and legal areas including criminal and/or civil litigation, researching, comprehensive reporting &documentation, and pattern recognition.
· Alternative: Combination of education and experience that equates to these requirements.
Field of Experience
- Good knowledge of bank operations, policies and procedures, systems and operating rules.
- Good knowledge of Branch or back-office operations; Branch Customer Service Manager or AML experience at another financial institution preferred.
- Good knowledge of BSA regulations pertaining to suspicious AML-related customer activity.
- Good knowledge of Bank's host systems and eVision, as well as the BSA-related suspicious activity detection systems used by the Bank.
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical and multi-tasking skills
- PC Skills - Windows NT, Word, Excel
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Bank Secrecy Act / Anti Money Laundering