BSA/AML Investigations Assistant Manager, High Risk Client Unit
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for leading a team of High Risk Client Unit Investigator and Associate Investigators charged with the responsibility of monitoring, detecting and reporting potential suspicious money laundering or terrorist financing activity of high risk customers who are subject to Enhanced Due Diligence. Ensures that analysis, review and documentation of anomalous activity be in compliance with BSA regulations and BOW policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT, and BOW compliance and oversight as it relates to:
- Documenting and supporting research conclusions.
- Timely generation, review and completion of Customer Due Diligence Alerts and Enhanced Due Diligence Reviews.
- Oversight of the process from the point of initial detection to disposition of the investigation.
- Recommendations for closing accounts and oversight of associated follow ups to ensure closure of accounts
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Required license(s) or certification(s) CAMS or CFCS preferred
- 4 – 6 years’ experience involving financial crime investigation, AML analytical software, law enforcement agency, regulatory agency or fraud or loss management departments within the financial industry.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience managing, training or conducting quality assurance on investigative teams within the financial industry.
- Alternative: Combination of education and experience that equates requirements.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Thorough knowledge of banking operations, policies and procedures, systems and operating rules.
- Thorough knowledge of BSA regulations pertaining to suspicious AML-related customer activity and enhanced due diligence on high risk clients.
- Strong knowledge of OFAC and global sanctions regimes.
- Thorough knowledge of BOW's host systems as well as the BSA-related suspicious activity detection systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software and AML compliance monitoring systems and wire transfer systems.
- General experience utilizing vendor provided case management systems and applications
- Provides direct oversight of the investigations that identify, analyze, conducts enhanced due diligence, monitors and reports on High Risk Clients.
- Provides subject matter expertise in identification and retain/close resolution of High Risk Clients. Decisions must clearly articulate if these businesses present operational or reputation risk that could result in Regulatory inquiries or possible adverse actions.
- Develops, maintains and continues to enhance comprehensive investigative due diligence process that capture all available information on High Risk Clients that can be summarized into a report for dissemination to our business partners.
- Creates workflows that will automatically generate alerts on any new businesses who have been mapped to high risk client codes
- Schedules account reviews that will compare account activity with any previous reviews and their KYC profile.
- Develops standardized reporting formats that provide HRCU partners with tangible and relevant information needed to assist in the decision process.
- A self-starter, passionate about BSA/AML programs to mitigate risk to BOTW.
- Demonstrate effective skill preparing written documentation and possess good oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to manage a team of Investigators and Associate Investigators while maintaining a positive attitude