At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for leading a team of High Risk Client Unit Investigator and Associate Investigators charged with the responsibility of monitoring, detecting and reporting potential suspicious money laundering or terrorist financing activity in our High Risk Client Unit. Ensures that analysis, review and documentation of anomalous activity be in compliance with BSA and BOW policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT, and BOW compliance and oversight as it relates to:
Ensure satisfactory compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements for the identification, research and risk management of Bank of the West’s AML high risk customer population Identifies and recommends enhancements to workflow inefficiencies. Maintains, updates, and ensures adherence to Policies, Procedures and the PSG. Conducts regularly scheduled training and information sharing on relevant corporate and AML, CFT and Sanctions related issues and changes. Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of applicable AML regulations, FFIEC guidance, and other authoritative precedent relative to the appropriate conduct of enhanced due diligence investigationsStrongly consider and champion areas for continuous improvement or innovation in HRCUDemonstrate strong leadership and exemplify personal and professional excellence to their assigned team, peers and stakeholders including but not limited to the effective management of interpersonal relationships and constructive conflict resolutionProvides guidance and leadership to Senior Investigators and Associate Investigators. Communicates directly with branch personnel and department managers, internal audit department, government agencies, and outside service vendors when appropriate.
- Documenting and supporting research conclusions.
- Timely generation, review and completion of Enhanced Due Diligence Alerts and Reviews.
- Oversight of the process from the point of initial detection to disposition of the investigation.
- Recommendations for closing accounts and oversight of associated follow ups to ensure closure of accounts
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Required license(s) or certification(s) CAMS or CFCS preferred
- 4 – 6 years’ experience involving financial crime investigation, AML analytical software, law enforcement agency, regulatory agency or fraud or loss management departments within the financial industry.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience managing, training or conducting quality assurance on investigative teams within the financial industry.
- Alternative: Combination of education and experience that equates requirements.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Thorough knowledge of banking operations, policies and procedures, systems and operating rules.
- Thorough knowledge of BSA regulations pertaining to suspicious AML-related customer activity and enhanced due diligence on high risk clients.
- Strong knowledge of OFAC and global sanctions regimes.
- Thorough knowledge of BOW's host systems as well as the BSA-related suspicious activity detection systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software and AML compliance monitoring systems and wire transfer systems.
- General experience utilizing vendor provided case management systems and applications
- Provides direct oversight of the investigations that identify, analyze, conducts enhanced due diligence, monitors and reports on High Risk Clients.
- Provides subject matter expertise in identification and retain/close resolution of High Risk Clients. Decisions must clearly articulate if these businesses present operational or reputation risk that could result in Regulatory inquiries or possible adverse actions.
- Develops, maintains and continues to enhance comprehensive investigative due diligence process that capture all available information on High Risk Clients that can be summarized into a report for dissemination to our business partners.
- Creates workflows that will automatically generate alerts on any new businesses who have been mapped to high risk client codes
- Schedules account reviews that will compare account activity with any previous reviews and their KYC profile.
- Develops standardized reporting formats that provide HRCU partners with tangible and relevant information needed to assist in the decision process.
- A self-starter, passionate about BSA/AML programs to mitigate risk to BOTW.
- Demonstrate effective skill preparing written documentation and possess good oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to manage a team of Investigators and Associate Investigators while maintaining a positive attitude
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Bank Secrecy Act / Anti Money Laundering