• Montreal Platform Head of Regulatory Reporting
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The US Branches Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for preparation of regulatory reports that are submitted to the Federal Reserve Bank for all BNP Paribas US Branches entities.
The US Branches Regulatory Reporting Vice President will be required to build a strong expertise on financial reporting and on the banking business model as a whole, in order to navigate across a number of specific subjects, largely to improve financial reporting, but also internal reporting to management.
• Oversee the production of the Regulatory Reporting requirements for US Branch network, including but not limited to the following:
- FR Y-7 Report – “Annual Report of Foreign Banking Organizations”
- CIMA Reports (CIQPR, LBS & CPIS) – “Cayman Islands Quarterly Prudential Returns,” “Locational Banking Statistics Survey” & “Coordinated Portfolio Investment Survey”
- FFIEC 019 Report – “Country Exposure Report for U.S. Branches and Agencies of Foreign Banks”
- FFIEC 041 Report – “Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income for A Bank With Domestic Offices Only”
- FR 2644 Report – “Weekly Report of Selected Assets and Liabilities of Domestically Chartered Commercial Banks and U.S. Branches and Agencies of Foreign Banks”
- FR 2900 Report – “Report of Transaction Accounts, Other Deposits and Vault Cash”
- FR 2915 Report – “The Report of Foreign (Non-U.S.) Currency Deposits”
- U.S. Department of Treasury International Capital Reports submitted to Federal Reserve Bank of New York (i.e. TIC B’s, TIC Form S, TIC Form SLT, SHCA & SHLA) (TIC B’s e.g. “Report of U.S. Dollar Claims/Liabilities of Depository Institutions Bank Holding Companies/Financial Holding Companies, Brokers, and Dealers on Foreigners” & Report of Foreign Currency Liabilities and Claims of Depository Institutions, Bank Holding Companies/Financial Holding Companies, Broker Dealers, and of their domestic Customers Vis-à-vis Foreigners
- U.S. Department of Commerce Reports (BE-605, BE-185, BE-12/15 annual)
• Provide a formal review and sign-off attesting to the accuracy of the established scope of regulatory reports
• Assess, develop and maintain proper controls, robust documentation, and change management approach for all reporting areas – automated and manual – associated with regulatory reporting function
• Communicate issues with appropriate data owners. Monitor and track issues to ensure timely and appropriate resolutions are achieved
• Partner with Financial, business subject matter experts, other analysts and developers to ensure requirements are captured appropriately and solutions implemented adequately to address the business needs
• Stays current on new and evolving regulatory reporting requirements, assess impact and ensure compliance for accurate reporting
• Participate in communication with Business Units on an ongoing basis to anticipate changes in business and to communicate new regulatory reporting requirements
• Participate in projects as required for new initiatives, process improvements or technology implementation and development
• Participate in bank examinations and internal and external audits
• Performs other duties as assigned.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 7+ years of financial accounting experience, preferably within Financial Services Industries
• Deep knowledge of Regulatory Reporting requirements, tools and processes; experience in regulatory reporting to key regulators such as the Federal Reserve Bank, FDIC and DFS
• Ability to understand complex financial products and system architectures, accounting business processes, financial and management reporting (IFRS and US GAAP), month-end financial close process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting
• Strong knowledge of Financial Reporting tools and systems
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required ; Master’s degree highly preferred
• Prior experience with a Foreign Banking Organization
• Prior experience with Axiom preferred
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Control mindset with strong organization and managerial skills.
• Change management and analytical skills.
• Ability to build relationships across functional teams, detailed oriented, and strong leadership skills.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.