In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization, located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future.
The position at a glance
The Branch Regulatory Reporting AVP will be part of the BRR team whose responsibility widens from the production of various regulatory reports for United States regulators to the enhancement of our control framework.
The AVP will be required to build a strong expertise on regulatory reporting and on the banking business model as a whole, in order to navigate across a number of specific subjects, largely to improve regulatory reporting, but also internal reporting to management.
This position will report to the Head of Branch Regulatory Reporting in Montreal.
- Contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of our BAU production processes.
- Prepare and file the following regulatory reports (scope can be extended):
- FFIEC 002 Report – “Report of Asset & Liabilities of U.S. Branches of Foreign Banks”
- FR 2900 – “Report of Transaction Accounts, Other Deposits & Vault Cash”
- FR 2644 – “Weekly Report of Assets & Liab.for Large US Branches of Frgn. Banks”
- FR 2915 – “Foreign Currency Deposit Report”
- FR 2420 – “Report of Selected Money Market Rates”
- U.S. Department of Treasury International Capital Reports submitted to Federal Reserve Bank of New York (i.e. TIC B’s, TIC Form S, TIC Form SLT, SHCA & SHLA) (TIC B’s e.g. “Report of U.S. Dollar Claims/Liabilities of Depository Institutions Bank Holding Companies/Financial Holding Companies, Brokers, and Dealers on Foreigners” & Report of Foreign Currency Liabilities and Claims of Depository Institutions, Bank Holding Companies/Financial Holding Companies, Broker Dealers, and of their domestic Customers Vis-à-vis Foreigners
- U.S. Department of Commerce Reports (BE-605, BE-185, BE-12/15 annual)
- LBS/QPR reports to the Cayman Regulators (CIMA)
- Abandoned Properties
- Collaborate with our internal stakeholders (Legal, Compliance, Audit, Project Finance, Operations) and external clients (Regulators, Auditors and consultants).
- Report on a timely manner any data, mapping and/or reporting gaps either coming from a process issue, IT technical issue or a need for updated procedure around the maintenance of static mapping.
- Actively participate in the design, enhancement, development and testing of a wide range of automation solutions.
- Assist with the implementation of new regulatory reporting tools, including testing and automation efforts.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Between 3 to 5 years of financial accounting experience, preferably within Financial Services Industries
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting
- Financing Activities and Capital Market products knowledge
- US GAAP and IFRS knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Knowledge :
- Excellent Excel skills, VBA highly preferred
- Power BI
- Proficient in MS Office tools
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
All BNP Paribas Canada employees must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: https://www.bnpparibas.ca/en/our-job-offers/
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **