Branch Manager - Tucson Main - FT
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing all functions, staffing and efficient daily operations of a full service branch. Accountable for achieving annual revenues, sales and customer satisfaction targets and minimizing operational losses. Provides overall leadership for the branch. Understands and communicates and works to achieve the mission of the bank. Level assignment is based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to: scope and complexity of responsibility, market area, size of office, experience and expertise of manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that the branch sales/service supports the overall corporate objective to provide superior service. Participates in selling Bank products and providing excellent customer service.
- Plans, implements, and manages the operating and capital budgets to maximize branch profitability.
- Directs branch business development through outside calls, in-branch selling, telemarketing, branch campaigns, and targeted direct mailing. Develops and manages an annual branch marketing plan with specific goals.
- Ensures expansion of customer relationships through branch cross-selling activities.
- Manages the branch portfolio for optimum performance.
- Promotes staff development through training, cross-training, and career planning. Trains staff in the area of customer service, sales, operations, and Bank products. Ensures that ongoing sales and product service training is provided.
- Participates in events that demonstrate support for the community and increase business opportunities for the Bank. Ensures compliance with CRA outreach programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Requires 5-7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Complete knowledge of sales, branch banking and consumer lending.
- Working knowledge of the Bank’s products (i.e., deposits, cash management, loans and other fee income generating products).
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.