At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing all functions, staffing and efficient daily operations of a full service branch. Accountable for achieving annual revenues, sales and customer satisfaction targets and minimizing operational losses. Provides overall leadership for the branch. Understands, communicates and works to achieve the mission of the bank.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs human resources activities related to staff, including scheduling, hiring, coaching, performance management, pay decisions and employee terminations. Supports the allocation and rotation of staff assignments to ensure universal employees consistently perform service and sales activities.
- Ensures that the branch sales and service demonstrates the Bank’s values of providing excellent customer experience by working as One Team, a great place to work, and support culture of innovation.
- Develops and manages branch business plan with specific goals. Directs and actively participates in branch business development through outbound calls, in branch selling, telemarketing, branch campaigns, and targeted direct mailing.
- Ensures deepening of customer relationships through needs assessment activities.
- Manages the branch portfolio for optimum performance.
- Mentors and coaches staff to meet exceptional sales and service standards and provide superior customer service. Trains staff in sales, services, operations, Bank products, policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures that the branch meets all regulatory compliance standards. Follows all operating policies and procedures. Ensures branch staff comply with laws and regulations. Consistently exceeds scorecard and operational metrics.
- Participates in events that demonstrate support for the community and increase business opportunities for the Bank. Ensures compliance with CRA outreach programs.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- M2 - 7 yrs Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution. Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically requires a minimum 7 years prior relevant experience. Prefer University Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, communication skills, both written and verbal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of sales, branch banking services and products (i.e., deposits, cash management, loans and other fee income generating products).
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management and branch processes and procedures.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Expertly use all applicable systems, technology and software to perform job functions.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Able to be a collaborative partner with other bank areas and business lines as required.
- Proven ability to coach, develop and retain highly engaged team.
Salary Range: $42,000 - $74,842
Salary offered dependent on location.
Benefits: Visit https://www.bankofthewest.com/about-us/careers/benefits.html for benefits information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.