What you’ll do
As part of Bank of the West, you’ll be making a positive impact on the environment, your community, and the planet at a leading sustainable bank.
We’re looking for a personable, enthusiastic, and experienced leader to fill the role of Branch Manager. You’ll be responsible for efficiently managing all functions, staffing, and daily operations of a full-service branch. This means leading branch staff to achieve revenue, sales, and customer satisfaction targets.
Branch Manager is a critical role with varied responsibilities. You’ll manage HR activities including scheduling, hiring, coaching, performance evaluations, pay decisions, and if necessary, employee terminations. You’ll mentor and support employees while also holding them accountable to service and sales goals.
You will develop and manage a branch business plan aimed at specific goals. You’ll direct—and actively participate in—strategies and tactics including outbound calls, in-branch selling, telemarketing, branch campaigns, and targeted direct mailing. Along the way, you’ll evaluate areas of need to deepen customer relationships.
Branch staff will look to you for mentorship and coaching as you train them in sales, services, operations, products, policies, procedures, and customer service. You’ll also ensure the branch meets all regulatory compliance standards, complies with CRA outreach programs, and demonstrates strong and visible support for the local community.
What you need
- A strong grasp of management duties including work scheduling, prioritization, and coaching
- Advanced banking knowledge typically obtained through both education and experience
- 7 years of prior relevant experience
- University degree or equivalent experience preferred
- A proven ability to coach, develop, and retain a highly-engaged team
- A personable nature and good customer service skills, both verbal and written, as well as strong presentation skills
- Complete knowledge of sales and branch banking services including deposits, cash management, loans, and other income-generating products
- A strong understanding of retail compliance controls and risk management
- Comfort using technology and software
- A willingness to enthusiastically manage constantly changing priorities
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- An eagerness to collaborate with other bank areas and business lines as needed
What’s in it for you?
At Bank of the West, you will be part of fundamentally different type of bank that is having a positive impact on the world. You can be proud to work for an organization that has the strongest environmental policies of any major U.S. bank (defined as those with more than $90 billion in assets). You’ll also be working for a place with a proven commitment to diversity, starting at the very top with our CEO and extending through all levels of the organization.
You’ll do meaningful work that makes a real difference in the world. We are leveraging the power of finance to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. As part of BNP Paribas, you’ll also be working for a global leader in positive banking, and the ninth-largest bank in the world.
We provide our team members with the resources they need to be successful at work, and to thrive outside the office. Whether it’s our healthcare benefits, a gym subsidy, parental leave, global opportunities, flexible working, or simply a pack of post-it notes, we make sure you have what you need.
At Bank of the West and BNP Paribas, we innovate, we develop, we work together, and we care; those are our guiding values, and we live them every day.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.