Purpose of Role:
This position of Delivery Manager - BP2S IFS IT - Chennai exists,
To manage Chennai Team of 300+ people and drive them towards Quality and On Time deliveries of their work items.
To work with relevant stakeholders to achieve the above and this includes Risk Management, Resource Management and Schedule / Cost management.
Work with onsite counterparts for offshoring their activities.
Devise and Implement Processes which would enhance the quality of offshore deliverables.
Main Job Tasks and responsibilities
Responsible of all deliverables with respect to BP2S IFS IT from Chennai. These deliverables include all deliverables which falls under Development, Testing activities carried out by teams in Chennai.
Work with onshore and offshore Project Managers & Leads to make sure the agreed project deadlines are met and will be responsible for timely delivery and delivery within the accepted schedule
Project deliverables should be of good quality and are meeting the agreed quality standards. Establish required process and methodologies to improvise quality of the deliverables when the team continue to work with same activity.
Mitigate and Escalate risks to the required Stakeholders and these risks could be related Project schedule, People, Infrastructure etc…,
Lead the team by example and work with the team whenever required to manage set targets for the team
Responsible for establishing status reporting process within the team and also to onsite counterparts. Responsible for Status reports with accurate data, Highlighting Risks / Issues…etc...,
Conduct review meetings (for instance Steering Committee) with relevant Stake holders.
Responsible for making sure the team follows set process and also clears QA audit with No / Minimal findings.
Responsible for preparing estimates, proposals for the new projects.
- Contribute to people recruitment for project positions
- Work with other managers and contribute towards improvising Admin, Infrastructure or any other area which would help smooth running of the offshore development
- Contribute to offshore development centre by
Establishing standards / Procedure which could be like Submitting Whitepapers on any technology that is widely used and would be useful for other teams
Mobilize people which would enable other teams to perform better
Document and share the best practises with other teams
About the Company :
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) is one of the 6 strongest banks in the world according to Standard & Poor's*. With a presence in 85 countries and more than 205,000 employees, 165,200 of which in Europe, BNP Paribas is a global-scale European leader in financial services. It holds key positions in its three activities: Retail banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. The Group benefits from its four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg. BNP Paribas also has a significant presence in the United States and strong positions in Asia and the emerging markets.
BNP Paribas India Solutions (BNPPISPL) is a global delivery centre for BNP Paribas Group, one of the largest banking groups in the world. BNPPISPL provides Knowledge Services, IT Solutions and Business Services to the international Investment Solutions business of BNP Paribas Group.
BNPPISPL has a strong culture, a defined strategy, understandable values and a clear vision. We have remained consistent to our plans throughout and thus provided a good place to work for staff looking for long term careers in this challenging world
* Within its peer group
Project Manager who has hands on experience on Technology and Architectural concepts and must have managed team of larger size.
Level of Education:
Bachelor/Master degree in any Tech discipline (Computer Science preferred) with a good background of software development with a minimum IT experience of 12 to 15 years and equivalent exposure to Capital markets functionally.
Previous Level of Experience:
- Software Development with a minimum IT experience of 12 to 15 years.
- Should have had Hands On technical expertise of Web, DB and Client-Server applications before taking up a Managerial role.
- Should have experience in managing large / complex project should have managed projects related to Banking
- Architectural / Design knowledge of the Applications should candidate worked before.
- Strong People Management, Project Management skills & Leadership Qualities.
- Good Communication & Relationship Management skills.
- Good Presentation & Coordination skills.
- Self-Motivated and must be able to drive the team even under pressure.
- Flexibility & Adaptability to new Work / Assignments.
- Good at Tracking, Monitoring the product quality related metrics and place required processes in place to improve the quality standards