At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
The BOW regulatory reporting team is responsible for the production of regulatory reports and information required to ensure compliance to regulatory expectations as well as other internal monitoring requirements.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for understanding and preparing the Bank's annual financial statements in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and GAAP. Responsible for performing financial reporting activities, including the preparation of highly-complex shareholder reports, researching proposed, new or revised IFRS disclosure requirements and analyze the resulting impact on the Bank's reports to BNPP.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist in the production of the Regulatory Reporting requirements for U.S. retail banking activities, including but not limited to the following:
FR Y-9C Report – “Consolidated Financial Statements for Bank Holding Companies”
FR Y-9CLP Report – “Parent Company Only Financial Statements”
FR Y-15 Report – “Banking Organization Systemic Risk Report”
FFIEC 009/a Report – “Country Exposure Report”
FFIEC 102 - RWA
• Assess, develop and maintain proper controls, robust documentation, and change management approach for all reporting areas – automated and manual – associated with regulatory reporting function
• Communicate issues with appropriate data owners. Monitor and track issues to ensure timely and appropriate resolutions are achieved
• Partner with Financial, business subject matter experts, other analysts and developers to ensure requirements are captured appropriately and solutions implemented adequately to address the business needs
• Stays current on new and evolving regulatory reporting requirements, assess impact and ensure compliance for accurate reporting
• Participate in communication with Business Units on an ongoing basis to anticipate changes in business and to communicate new regulatory reporting requirements
Other Job Duties
• Participate in projects as required for new initiatives, process improvements or technology implementation and development
• Participate in bank examinations and internal and external audits
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
• Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
• Prior experience with Foreign Banking Organization
• CPA is preferred
• Axiom experience is preferred
• Deep knowledge of Regulatory Reporting requirements, tools and processes; experience in regulatory reporting to key regulators such as the Federal Reserve Bank, FDIC and DFS.
• Ability to understand complex financial products and system architectures, accounting business processes, financial and management reporting (IFRS and US GAAP), month-end financial close process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting.
• Strong knowledge of Financial Reporting tools and systems
• Control mindset with strong organization and managerial skills
• Change management and analytical skills
• Ability to build relationships across functional teams, detailed oriented, and strong leadership skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance highly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.