BOW - Business Systems Analyst
About BNP Paribas Group:
“BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Bank of the West is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to analyze business and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. A typical Business Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations
Business Systems Analyst
Bank of the West IT
Business Line / Function:
BOTW – Enterprise Data Services
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Bank of the West is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to analyze business and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. A typical Business Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations.
- Documents system parameters and formats, ensures software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies systems parameters.
- Assists in formulating and defining small project/system scope and objectives and developing detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards.
- Participates in evaluating existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Assists with analyzing, developing and revising existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Works with IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result. Assists in conducting feasibility studies and may participate in recommending new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs.
- Provides basic coordination and analytical assistance to staff which may include interpretation of requirements.
- Provides assistance in developing detailed requirements with business partners and system definition. Reviews, drafts, and outlines simple systems specifications, screen designs, and reports from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards.
- May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing.
- May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications.
- Ensures compliance to departmental and bank processes or procedures related to supported systems.
- Provides support as a subject matter expert to department or business units for small/less complex business applications or system processes.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Proficient in SQL
- Data Warehousing concepts
- Exposure on an ETL tool (preferably Informatica)
- Experience (as BA / BSA) in Retail Banking domain – preferable
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- 5 - 8 years of experience in IT including some experience in Finance and Data warehousing projects.
- At least 2 Years of Data warehousing experience and proficient SQL is required
- Understanding of banking and trading books/GL and/or Master Data Management and/or Compliance and/or Regulatory reporting and/or CCAR and/or IFRS9 is nice to have
- Experience in Data Profiling, Data Analysis, Data Discovery and Source to Target mapping document is must
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
Strong knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
Strong knowledge of SQL and understanding of Informatica Power Center (ETL)
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Primary Location: IN-TN-ChennaiJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 5 yearsSchedule: Full-time Behavioural competency: Decision Making, Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Analytical Ability, Ability to understand, explain and support change