You will be working in the Client Accounting Services team based in Chelmsford which provides bookkeeping and accountancy services for clients of Strutt & Parker. The services range from rent collection, processing and payment of invoices, bank reconciliation, monthly/quarterly/annual reporting, VAT and payroll.
The department is split into an accounting and bookkeeping team, the role advertised is for the bookkeeping team. Reporting to the head of bookkeeping you will be working within a team of 8 which we split into 2 smaller task focused groups covering payments and income. The teams are rotated so that each bookkeeper is competent in all areas.
- Checking and posting of purchase invoices; creation and maintenance of supplier records.
- Dealing with purchase ledger runs, urgent payments, BACS payment initiation and posting thereof.
- Recording, posting, initiating, banking and checking of client receipts (direct debits, standing orders, manual cheques and cash).
- Posting of non purchase/sales/rent ledger receipts and payments.
- Performance of bank reconciliations.
- Input of Rental Action Sheets and production of rent demands.
- Production and checking of Debtors & Creditors reports and aged analyses.
- Filing and dead filing; processing of post trays.
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries, reports and nominal account reconciliations.
- Work closely with fellow Client Services Team members and with departmental Client Managers (Accountants).
- Liaise with Partners and Employees of the S&P office network who have functional responsibilities for client management.
- External contacts can be with a wide range of third parties such as: client suppliers, customers, tenants, auditors and advisors.
- Data entry skills.
- Attention to detail.
- PC/IT literate including MS Office skills.
- Team player.
- Education to A level standard or equivalent or higher.
Temporary Maternity Cover, likely to be until the end of June.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-EssexJob Type: Fixed TermJob: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISEEducation Level: Other Degrees / Certifications / Vocational, Technical or Professional QualificationsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Critical thinkingTransversal competency: Analytical Ability