Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a global provider of financial solutions to corporate and institutional clients. With more than 20.000 people in 57 countries across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), Asia-Pacific and the Americas, we offer solutions tailored to all our clients across capital markets, financing, treasury and financial advisory.
Business Overview of BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking - Lawyer Platform Financing Legal – Italy
The mission of Financing Legal Italy is to provide legal support to business lines in relation to corporate lending and trade finance activities (the “Financing Activities”) to manage legal risks and execute transactions. We work as facilitators and business partners. We are responsible for provision of legal advice to our internal clients, including preparation and review of legal documentation, management of transactions and litigation, and selection and supervision of outside legal counsels.
Legal counsel for Financing Activities and business lines (including GTTB, Leverage Finance Capital Markets, Real Estate Finance, ERI, Export Finance, Corporate Acquisition Finance). In particular:
- Advising as a transactional lawyer and support the structuring, drafting, review and negotiation of domestic and cross-border financing transactions, including (i) loan arrangements and related documentation (term-sheets and commitment documents, mandate letters, loan agreements, security documents, guarantees and intercreditor documentation, legal opinions, (ii) standstill agreements and restructuring arrangements etc. and (iii) trade finance deals and related documentation (master participation agreements. Guarantees, documentary credits, standby letters of credit, etc.).
- Assisting with the identification, handling, reporting and escalation as appropriate of legal risks in line with the group policy and guidelines.
- Contributing to regulatory watch and to general legal support to the Italian Branch of BNP Paribas on general and transversal legal matters.
- Ensure and oversee transaction management, also of multi-jurisdictional projects.
- Where appropriate, instruct and supervise external lawyers.
What we expect from you
- JD Degree and member of the Italian Bar (avvocato)
- Technical ability and focus; strong knowledge of the financing products dealt with by the Financing business lines and of the domestic and international banking market and relevant regulation and documentation as well as of international documentation (LMA, UCP, URDG).
- English (written and spoken)
- Negotiation skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Organization skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, sense of urgency, attention to details.
- Proactive nature.
- Ability to work across the organization and maintain high standards of business ethics and professionalism in all dealings, with team members and internal/external clients.
At least 4+ year of post qualification experience with a top tier organization (law firm or investment bank).
Contract type and Remuneration
According to experience
We kindly ask the candidates to register their profile and submit their resume through the BNP Paribas site at the following address: https://www.bnpparibas.it/it/posizioni-aperte/
In order to better enhance the CV inserted, the application submitted for this announcement could be taken into consideration also for other vacancies, in line with the academic background and professional path achieved so far.
This announcement is addressed to any gender (L. 903/77; Codice Pari Opportunità)