INVESTMENT BANKING ANALYST - GLOBAL BANKING GRADUATE PROGRAM
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is the investment banking arm of BNP Paribas, active as global provider of financial solutions to corporate and institutional clients. With more than 20,000 people in 57 countries across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), Asia-Pacific and the Americas, we offer solutions tailored to all our clients across capital markets, financing, treasury and financial advisory.
What is the Global Banking EMEA Graduate Program?
The Global Banking EMEA Graduate Program is designed to boost your professional development. You will be offered a permanent contract to join BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) as entry level Analyst.
You will start with an immersive 12-month international rotational program, including 6 months in Milan and 6 months assignments in Paris to allow you to better understand the different activities of investment banking among: M&A, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Markets, Real Assets, Securitized Products Group.
What will your first 12 months look like?
You will be part of a community of c.40 talented graduates recruited in 7 countries and sponsored by a senior member of the Global Banking EMEA Management team.
You will join one of the Investment Bank’s teams, either at M&A European Advisory Group (M&A EAG) either at Capital Markets.
Joining the M&A EAG will offer you the opportunity to be involved on a large variety of transactions (buy or sell-side, public or private). During your mission, you will be involved on every step of the entire M&A process from marketing through execution and to be responsible for providing support in the preparation of all materials required for clients’ pitching and deals’ execution.
Joining Capital Markets you will provide BNP Paribas clients with fully integrated services across the capital structure, executing both equity and debt transaction. In particular, you will be offered the opportunity to join one of the following teams:
- Debt Markets (Leverage Finance - LBO, DCM, Loan Financing)
- Real Assets Group (Real Estate, Project, Energy & Infrastructure, Export Financing)
- Securitized Products Group
A few examples of your missions during your rotations:
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and pitches to support the marketing effort
- Perform financial and risk analysis, due diligence and prepare financial models to facilitate discussions with internal partners and credit committees
- Support the marketing of transactions including development of strategy, timetable, target investors, collation and analysis of feedback
- Interact with internal/external partners including research, compliance and legal
In parallel, you will benefit from the comprehensive development program of the Investment Banking Academy, covering both technical and soft skills.
After 2 rotations you will be offered a position in line with your career aspirations as an Analyst 2 and you will continue to benefit from a dedicated career support.
The M&A EAG is a team of c.170 advisory junior bankers (from Analysts to Vice Presidents) supporting the Senior Bankers and dedicated to the origination and execution of M&A transactions for the account of BNP Paribas clients. In addition to France, the team has geographic offices based in Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Sweden, the UK, Dubai, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Portugal.
M&A EAG is part of a global team of over 400 professionals all over the world (EMEA, Asia-Pacific and the Americas,) combining diverse talents, background and experience to assist corporate clients and financial sponsors in achieving their external growth strategies by providing advice on mergers, acquisitions, asset disposals and listings.
Capital Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB). It is structured across 5 main pillars, gathering Equity Capital Markets, Debt Markets, Real Assets, Securitised Products and Syndicate. The platform is deployed across the EMEA region, with c. 650 employees, main teams being in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Brussels, Milan, Madrid and several smaller hubs. Capital Markets teams operate in close partnership with Coverage teams, the Industry Groups and M&A teams as well as Global Markets.
What we expect from you
- A degree from a leading university with an excellent academic record and solid knowledge in Corporate Finance and/or financial modelling or equivalent work experience
- A previous internship or work experience related to financial advisory or experience in Investment Banking/Corporate Finance
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent quantitative, modelling and analytical skills
- Rigour, attention to details
- Strong adaptation skills
- Great team player
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Critical of own work / professional reaction to positive and negative feed-back and use of this feed-back to improve
- Fluency in English and Italian
- Conduct: strong capacity to support and foster a culture of good conduct, demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks; consider the implications of his/her actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure; professional conduct in the office environment.
Contract type and Remuneration
Permanent full – time contract
We kindly ask the candidates to register their profile and submit their resume through the BNP Paribas site at the following address: https://www.bnpparibas.it/it/posizioni-aperte/
In order to better enhance the CV inserted, the application submitted for this announcement could be taken into consideration also for other vacancies, in line with the academic background and professional path achieved so far.
This announcement is addressed to any gender (L. 903/77; Codice Pari Opportunità)