BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking – Global Banking – Associate Export Finance
BNP Paribas has been an active player in the Italian export finance market for over 30 years.
Over the last 6 years, thanks to BNPP’s outstanding international network and BNL’s unique reach on Italian corporate clients (including midcaps), we have been consistently been ranked #1 by Dealogic in their Mandated Loan Arranger of SACE/Italian Export Credit loans league table, giving us the front seat position in a thriving market which on an average year generates new loans in excess of 15bn EUR.
The Milano-based Export finance team of BNP Paribas counts on 5 professionals with a combined industry experience of over 100 years.
Building on our widespread network of long-lasting relationship with the relevant Italian institutions (SACE, SIMEST, Cassa Depositi e Prestiti, Ministries etc), prime Italian exporting company and financing institutions, we originate, execute and manage a multibillion US$ portfolio of deals financing investments in capital-intensive industries such as Transportation, Energy, Power generation and transmission, Infra, Metals and Mining etc, and across all geographies –from Emerging markets (Latam, EMEA and APAC) to developed countries in Europe and North America.
Wherever Italian Exporting companies and investors venture, BNP Paribas Export finance team is there to provide its support !
As Associate within Export Finance Italy, you will be integrated in the team and mainly involved in origination support and execution of Export credits under cover from SACE and other Export Credit Agencies, PRIs and multilateral financing institutions, within the business line’s Transaction team.
More specifically, under the supervision of the team Head and/or his Deputy and the Head of EF Transaction team, you shall:
- co-operate with Originators in securing mandates from clients, by drafting & negotiating commercial proposals, presentations, financing Letter of Interests, Term Sheets and mandate letters, with a specific focus on large projects requiring sizeable and complex financing packages, including transactions in fast-growing energy transition space and ESG-compliant deals (Green and Social Loans, Sustainability-Linked Loans etc)
- liaising with public-sector agencies such as SACE, SIMEST and Cassa Depositi e Prestiti, commercial banks and other financial institutions
- performing risk analysis of new transactions, setting up financial models with related sensitivity analysis and perform Due Diligence tasks (Know Your Customer, Compliance, legal, tax, technical, environmental, etc.)
- liaising with Syndicate and external liquidity providers to optimize funding of new transactions
- executing transactions from mandate to financial close, managing external counsels, internal credit and due diligence processes as well as external processes with Export credit Agencies, CIRR providers, authorities etc
- monitoring credit portfolio and co-operate in the annual review process for the credit committee
- drafting internal business and financial reports
- last but not least, you may be deployed in support of our origination efforts in other geographies of our Europe hub under the supervision of Export Finance Italy’s, such as DACH and Iberia.
- Prior  yrs experience in an Structured Export finance dept of a n international bank, ECA or large corporate
- Excellent working knowledge of English is compulsory, knowledge of French and/or other languages such as Spanish, German, Portoguese, Arabic or Turkish will be a plus
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to work seamlessly in a multi-cultural environment
- Rigour and method
- Team player endowed with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of credit and financial analysis
Contract type and Remuneration
According to experience.
We kindly ask the candidates to register their profile and submit their resume through the BNP Paribas site at the following address: https://www.bnpparibas.it/it/posizioni-aperte/
In order to better enhance the CV inserted, the application submitted for this announcement could be taken into consideration also for other vacancies, in line with the academic background and professional path achieved so far.
This announcement is addressed to any gender (D.Lgs. 198/2006, Codice Pari Opportunità)