**Big Data Architect**
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are looking for a Big Data/Hadoop Architect to support our existing systems and our strategic data hub project. The ideal candidate must have experience of at least 4+ years as Hadoop Administrator and 2+ years as Linux Administrator with proven hands-on experience in installation, configuration, supporting and managing Clusters with Horton works and Cloudera.
- Administration of Hadoop clusters, users, and cluster resources
- Cluster capacity planning and sizing
- Regular operation such as adding and removing nodes and troubleshooting any failures.
- Secure Hadoop cluster using Kerberos, Knox, and LDAP integration
- Setup security policies including ACLs and RBAC using Ranger, Sentry etc.
- Monitoring, tuning and improving Hadoop clusters to keep them healthy.
- Evaluating and enabling new Hadoop components
- Install and upgrade R, Python, Spark, Jupyter hub and other analytics tools and related packages.
- Integrate data sources such Oracle and SQL Server, and Enterprise tools such as OBIEE, and Tableau.
- Support user base through adequate resource managed on Hadoop clusters.
- Develop best practices and train users
- Deploy Hadoop components in Docker containers