We have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager to join our team. This is a key role with opportunities to manage a variety of bids across our Commercial, Residential and Rural business lines. We are looking for someone with the skills to prepare and submit a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process.
You should have experience with a proven ability to plan, produce and deliver winning bids within a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for managing the end-to-end bid process, qualification of bids, leading kick-off meetings, all aspects of the bid production stage through to delivery of the completed submission.
This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It requires strong people management and commercial skills and the ability to build successful relationships with business stakeholders.
The role is split across our London office and home working.
- Management of the end-to-end bid process and production and delivery of compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframe
- Managing the bid / no bid process once opportunities have been identified
- Project manage (including driving the timeline) all phases of a proposal, including planning, design, drafting, review and production
- Work with senior management to develop proposal strategies, win themes and value propositions customised to the individual bids
- Contribute to the written content (where applicable), coordinate and review / edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, etc.
- Support and coach the team in preparing for the pitch/presentation – including driving the creation of highly impactful materials, as well as pitch rehearsals
- Nurture and promote the BNP Paribas Real Estate brand across all channels (Employee, Client, and Corporate)
- Work closely alongside the wider Bid team and the Marketing and Communications team
- Support knowledge management activities in the provision and maintenance of best practice baseline materials through the Bid Hub and our Knowledge Executive
- Ensure that the Bid Management team gather feedback independently on key pitches, whether won or lost
- Manage internal bid management systems, process and best practice tools up to date
- Ensure that a best practice Bid Management process is implemented and that the company’s pitch resources are used effectively
- Support on the reporting of pitch activity, themes and identify improvements to ensure our success rate is maximised
- Manage communications of all pitching activity and successes via the Marketing and Communications team
- Implement an approach to lessons learnt during the pitching process to ensure that these are taken on board and learnt from
- Supporting the business in cross-selling initiatives and raising the profile of the business initiatives, key clients and the business lines
- Degree or equivalent qualification desirable, such as APMP
- 3 or more years’ experience in bidding/pitching
- Proven track record in pitching / bidding
- Management of a knowledge database
- Relevant Bid experience from within a professional services background and understanding of the property market is desirable but not essential
- Organised, assertive and confident
- Good project management skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good presentational skills
- Demonstrable experience in bid management and an understanding of how this fits within wider business development context
- Ability to influence others at all levels
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.