About the job
- The Backtesting Analyst will be responsible for a set of model performance processes. The Backtesting Analyst coordinates with all the relevant teams to present on a periodic basis to RISK senior management a consolidated view of the bank’s model performance. Processes rely on rigorous governance supported by procedures and meetings and on strong interaction with other teams throughout BNP Paribas Group
Your Main Activities Are
- To identify lack of model performance using statistics defined in the back-testing methodology
- To analyze and document the results, deep dive analyses are performed, built on good understanding of the risk models and strong cooperation with risk modelling and risk management teams
- To communicate results to the regulator and relevant internal teams such as model validation team and capital team
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Masters in Information Technology, Computer Science and related related quantitative fields
- Fluent level of English
- Interest in capital markets, data analysis and market risk management
- Knowledge of market dynamics, financial products
- Familiar with back-testing processes
- Delivery focused, with the objective to deliver added value to our customers
- Analytical skills, problem solving/analysis
- Strong communication skills (data consolidation, summary, documentation in English)
- Proficiency in Excel or any other data manipulation tool (e.g. Python, among others)
About the Team
- The Backtesting team is part of RISK department and its entity RISK Global Services. This department reunites all the teams offering common services required in the management and supervision of the Bank’s risk profile. The RISK Global Services team aim to transversally develop optimized resources, platforms and common services that are adding value for all of RISK. Their activities cover transversally market, counterparty, credit and liquidity related topics. They assume their responsibilities in full cooperation with either RISK business domains or global practice teams, or else with subsidiaries or branches of the corresponding RISK teams
- More precisely, Backtesting team is part of RISK Systems, with RISK Global Services. RISK Systems at Group level is responsible for risk capital markets IT systems
- Though the team is part of an IT team, the work focuses on risk analysis. The team is in charge of the ex-post control of the risk figures generated by the market and counterparty risk internal models of BNP Paribas Group, with the purpose of testing the adequacy of the internal models to compute the capital on market risk and counterparty risk. Market and Counterparty credit risk models are global in the bank (no model by region or country) and as such, the team interacts with other teams worldwide
- The function offers the opportunity to act in an international and dynamic environment with new business and regulatory requirements to cope with
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.