In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The Marketing & Events team plans and executes all CIB Japan’s external events, by liaising with key stakeholders to align events with the strategic priories of the business and increase brand visibility.
They also support business stakeholders to develop marketing strategies for both internal and external audiences, working closely with sales, product specialists and research teams.
The role sits within B&C Japan, and the individual will report to the Co-Head of B&C Japan/Head of Marketing & Events Japan.
• Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team, to organise physical/virtual/hybrid events including: external/hospitality events, 3rd party sponsored events, conferences/seminars,
– at a business or bankwide level.
• Share best practice, new guidelines or topical information across the broader B&C team, providing practical suggestions/support where possible.
• Work with regional/global B&C teams on cross region/cross border events as necessary.
• Liaise with business stakeholders on event requirements and advise on format, logistics, venue suggestions, budgets, compliance and approval protocols.
• Cultivate relationships with vendors and service providers, to deliver cost effective/high quality events e.g. digital vendors, F&B outlets, hotels etc.
• Work with APAC business stakeholders to evaluate and negotiate industry events and sponsorships, including management of all related contract negotiations, activation and due-diligence.
• Actively adopt digital & innovation to streamline administrative processes and enhance automation and efficiency. Expand digital touchpoints to increase engagement e.g. event app (sli.do/ Eventogy), websites/microsites, iPad presentations, virtual conferences, social media and pre/post event tracking/reporting, to align with the Bank’s global digital strategy and ambitions.
• Produce post event reports and analytics for internal stakeholders.
• Partner with Sales to ensure strategic value of events based on objectives and provide insights and data to help them validate ROI and monetization.
• Liaise with wider B&C team in order to maximize impact of initiatives by amplifying events content more broadly across multiple marcomms channels.
• Manage event budgets, management approvals and cost reconciliations.
• Manage marketing strategies and execute campaigns to promote specific business and bankwide products and services, aimed at both internal and external audiences (institutional/corporate).
• Partner with business stakeholders to gain strategic context to support business/marketing objectives, in order to tailor content for target audience or client type and develop product collateral in collaboration with sales, product specialists and research teams.
• Develop strong relationships with key business stakeholders in APAC, along with marketing counterparts in different business divisions or regions.
• Working with Sales, Compliance and Legal, enforce a robust marketing and compliance framework to ensure all marketing materials are compliant.
• Digital & innovation - fully utilize digital channels to promote campaigns eg websites, SharePoint, client eDMs etc. Adopt new digital tools in which to engage target audience and provide transparency around tracking and ROI/monetization. Put in place KPIs for marketing materials and campaigns and feed insights back to business stakeholders.
• Drive external marketing initiatives at a bankwide level e.g. pitchbooks, videos, websites.
• Work with regional/global team to translate and deploy global campaigns.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• An individual who is passionate about finance and marketing, with a constant thirst for knowledge and the ability to think outside the box.
• Ability to master digital event tools and provide data analytics and insights around events.
• Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, who has the ability to build constructive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
• Able to manage multiple complex projects and stakeholders, in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in Japanese and English – knowledge of design/branding and good writing skills are essential.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Focus on cost savings and budgets.
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and open to new technology. Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programmes (e.g. Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects, etc.) would be an advantage.
• Degree holder or equivalent.
• Enjoy challenges with collaborative mindset and learn proactively.
• Strong interests in organizing events and creating marketing materials to work with business lines and stakeholders
• 3+ years of relevant event /marketing experience (agency/in-house) is an advantage.
• Ideally having worked with financial services firms and has solid knowledge of the industry, regulatory frameworks and culture , not necessarily in the marketing /events /communication role - but not mandatory.