AVP - Office Manager
AVP – Office Manager
Location: Santiago, Chile
(Hiring Manager: Aurelien Nicolas, Head of Coverage &Advisory / Claudio Gomez Head of HR Argentina, Chile, Peru)
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 are in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, Turkey, Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Hispanic Latin America region is a key market for BNP Paribas. While Brazil remains the largest economy in Latin America, other major countries in the region are also significant growth contributors. Mexico alone has a GDP which represents two thirds of Brazil’s.
BNP Paribas has a historical footprint in Hispanic Latin America. The Bank has been in the region since 1914 and is now present in 5 countries with nearly 2000 employees between CIB and International Financial Services.
CIB in Hispanic Latin America has world-class teams of roughly 200 professionals spread among Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Peru and Argentina, thus ensuring an overall coverage of BNP Paribas’ client franchise in the region. All BNP Paribas’ business lines have operations in Hispanic Latin America and are structured in such a way as to provide their clients with the best combination of specialists according to sector, product or geographic region. In the context of growing globalization, they are able to accommodate their clients thanks to their powerful regional platforms:
- In North America (essentially New York but also other hubs such as San Francisco) and Brazil (Sao Paulo) with a number of professionals covering Latin America.
- In the whole of Europe with major hubs such as Paris, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, etc.
- In Asia with a broad coverage of all major economies in the region.
As an Assistant Vice President, Office Manager, this position is responsible for the oversight of the Chile and Peru office management, ensuring a smooth operation.
This position forms part of the Territory Management team and reports locally to the Head of Coverage & Advisory and also to the HR Manager based in Argentina.
- Manage executives’ calendars/agendas, schedules and deadlines
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Monitor expenses and prepare weekly, monthly and/or quarterly reports
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors
- Ensure smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate business operations
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (i.e., electricians)
- Organise and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning, etc.)
- Keep up to date with all organizational changes and business developments
- Event organization as needed
Liaise with HR Manager in regards to:
- Chile and Peru payroll administration
- Chile and Peru benefits, i.e. medical, life insurance, etc.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Executive Assistant or Office Manager
- Excellent MS Office knowledge; strong technical skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate across geographies and functions
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong problem solving skills
- Budget management experience preferred
- Familiarity with HR procedures, i.e., payroll function, benefits administration, etc.
- Team player