AVP - JAVA Chapter Lead (Wealth IT)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
WMIS Hub Operations Division is in a transition from AS400 technology to Java.
We are looking for a candidate that will lead the Java development chapter in delivering solutions during this transition.
The position is key, as the Division is still young in Java technology so the Chapter Lead would be in the forefront of new initiatives and is expected to build a strong Java foundation for the Division, both resource-wise and solution-wise.
The Chapter Lead will also be the DevOps SPOC for the Division.
Java Dev chapter is comprised of members in Singapore and Chennai.
As a Java Chapter Lead, he would lead the Java practice in a Chapter (team) of about 7 people and be their line manager:
• Mentors team members and organize regular face-to-face meetings
• Follows on training and development plan/career
• Animate recurring meeting with all Chapter members to reinforce the practice, do market watch, share best practices and share top down communication
• Participate to Java developer recruitment process
As a Tech lead, he would be the person in charge of the technical solution delivered by the Squad he belongs to:
• Participate to the full development lifecycle including design, estimation, planning, development, unit test, release and implementation support
• Work with the Business Analysts to understand the business requirements and translate them to technical solutions in the application
• Contribute / review the technical specifications
• Responsible for managing & reporting technical risks
• Control and Maintain the quality of the developments (norms & standards, frameworks, source control, technical reviews, code reviews)
• Responsible for the technical solution end-to-end (all layers, not only backend)
• Assists Division Head in estimating resource needs and schedules and allocating Java resources
• Assists Division Head during staff’s performance evaluation
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
• 10+ years of overall experience as software engineer
• At least 5+ years of hands-on experience with various Java / Web technologies and frameworks: Spring (Core, Security, MVC), JPA, REST API, JMS, Maven;
• At least 3+ years in the tech lead role, coaching team members and leading the building and delivery of Web / Mobile solutions
• Strong knowledge about design patterns and development principles
• Good practical knowledge of design of RDBMS and SQL
• Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience and knowledge of automated testing (TDD, BDD)
• Proven experience with CI/CD and DevOps
• Solution Architecture skills/experience
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Good to have
• General banking knowledge or Banking knowledge related to Wealth Management / Private banking
• Hands-on experience on API related activities: requirement analysis, design, resource-based API modeling, micro-services architecture
• Speaking at conferences and/or user groups
• Contributing to open source projects
• NoSQL experience
• Exposure to Enterprise Architecture
• PL/SQL experience