The CIB Americas Operations Data Governance Department was created in 2015 to setup, drive and continuously improve the way data is handled throughout the organization in the U.S. under the leadership of the CIB/IP Chief Data Officer. It looks to satisfy the requirements related to principles for effective enterprise data aggregation and reporting, and is intended to support evolving regulatory requirements. Specifically the team provides support to all other units within EDM (Data Management, Data Governance, and Data Quality) and handles directly a number of projects.
Within the CIB Americas Operations Data Governance Department, The US-based Referential Management Office (RMO team) established with the following three pillars:
- Data Governance: set the framework for developing and formalizing the “know your data” culture including formal governance forums, data certification and attestation processes. The team also captures, challenges, and tests the control framework of the bank in particular through a risk-based data trace program.
- Data Management: determine the data strategy for the platform with the objective of identifying and adopting golden sources, capturing and maintaining data glossaries and dictionaries, business and functional lineage from source to output as well as managing referential data.
- Data Quality: establish a framework to assess and report on the quality of the data used for reporting purposes and an effective remediation team.
The Transversal Business Support group includes a Project Management Office and Tools & Processes team, defines the technology strategy for EDM and provides business analysis capabilities, process design and optimization.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
The role will report to Referential Data Manager and will be responsible for performing the relevant activities in support of the objective to setup and adopt a single referential data set for all US regulatory reporting.
- Perform daily reconciliations for various systems pertaining to Referential Data US platforms scope
- Take ownership of the projects within RDQP by identifying the root cause, providing remediation approaches, solutions of sourcing data and data quality issues.
- Perform issue analysis and resolution for daily bi-directional reconciliation issues between CRDS, RMPM and ATLAS2 Client Referential systems.
- Perform monthly DQ Scrub and RAM Adjustment processes, and quarterly Residual Risk Calculation activities to support regulatory-reporting teams.
- Issue analysis and resolution for Key Data Element (KDE) in-scope of RDQP team.
- Work with the Data Quality teams to define data quality rules on referential data and coordinate their implementation and the production of key quality indicators. Participate in Referential groups KPI & KRI reporting
- Liaise with Data Governance to support the data community development
- Develop and maintain knowledge of BCBS239 guidance constantly adjust activities toward data management best practices
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree required in finance, technology or related field
- At least 2 to 4 years of industry experience as a business analyst with at least 1 year on referential information related projects
- Basic knowledge of financial industry and related products as well as understanding of the general structure of a financial institution
- Knowledge on Client Referential processes and Key Data Elements (KDE)
- Good understanding of SQL and writing advance queries for issues analysis.
- Good understanding of KPI tools like Power BI
- Good knowledge of HP-ALM for issues management.
- Great written and oral skills
- Great interviewing skills
- High proficiency with the MS Office suite
- Experience with process/data flow mapping
- Experience of US regulatory reporting
- Knowledge of BNP Paribas proprietary referential systems a significant plus
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.