IT Automation Engineer
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the identification and delivery of automation with a primary focus on Identity and Access Management processes. Contributes to the design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation and post implementation support of short and long-term software automation solutions to meet business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes. Works independently in a fast paced environment on complex issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Works as an automation and production support engineer with a heavy focus on the automation of Identity and Access Management (IAM) processes
- Works collaboratively to understand current processes and workflows to deliver proposed solutions and provide strategic technical direction for teams and internal users
- Develops, supports, and maintains automated solutions
- Analyzes complex business and systems requirements and provides technical solutions to meet functional requirements
- Conducts a wide range of complex quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Makes recommendations on process improvements
- Determines software design requirements
- Reviews software policies, standards and procedures and make recommendations for change.
- Leads users in the planning of user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing
- Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow
- Manage environments, Implement/Deploy software upgrade to various environments and support post implementation
Other Job Duties
- Defines and documents software installation and configuration processes
- Coordinates and communicates automation activities to key stakeholders
- Exhibits strong communication skills and a desire to implement innovative solutions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.