At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for developing and maintaining a dedicated relationship of profitable and high potential business banking relationships. Partners with Dealer Relationship Managers, Underwriters and other Team Members to retain and grow current Lending Relationships. Independently interprets and provides recommendations and solutions unique to each client's specific lending needs. Responsible for developing the assigned credit portfolio quality and managing requests for credit exceptions and ensuring credit requests are properly structured, priced and documented.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Demonstrates independent decision making skills by recognizing and understanding client problems and needs and responding appropriately. Gathers information and sorts through complex issues in order to make timely decisions.
- Is the primary contact for lending related inquiries. Focuses on client retention and growth by providing solutions to enhance and expand the client's lending relationships.
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the Bank's credit policy, client eligibility and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete lending packages. Works closely with underwriting teams to analyze and structure new credit requests. Obtains financial statements, tax returns and other credit information. Interviews loan applicants to interpret information regarding their earnings and repayment abilities to assist in determining if a loan is an acceptable risk.
- Understanding of client's objectives and strategies. Maintains a thorough understanding of business operating cycles.
- Understands client's business practices and interprets the operational and credit risk to the bank.
- Stays aware of developing industry and market trends.
- Ensures job duties are performed within established bank controls, risk and audit protocols.
- Manages all communications with customers related to credit and non-credit issues within designated service levels.
- Works with Credit Management team in the review and negotiation of loan documents. Also ensures proper maintenance of credit files.
- Ability to perform in a high volume production environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work ExperienceEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Consumer Lending