BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services, Investment & Protection Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
The Hub UK is a geographical Audit Hub, covering all activities in the UK.
The Hub has five audit teams (around 70 auditors). These teams are split by business activity covering all activities within their area of responsibility, except for OFAC $ Clearing (which is covered by the Inspection Centrale Financial Security Audit Line). Each team is headed by a Direct report (Head of Business/Functions Audit) to the Head of Hub who, in turn, reports to an IG EXCO member.
The Hub’s remit is to provide audit services to the Businesses, Operations and Functions in the UK in close liaison with Senior Management and Head Office entities. The main focus is to help the organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
The Audit Hub provides employees with an excellent grounding in all aspects of the business, and regular interaction with Management enables strong relationships to be built, allowing a robust understanding in all aspects of the businesses.
Having performed successfully in this role, the individual will have the benefit of a broad range of career opportunities within the Group - both within Internal Audit and wider business lines/functions; in the UK and abroad. A comprehensive training programme is in place to ensure continued professional development.
Purpose & Scope of role
As an Auditor in the PF, Retail and Functions Audit team, you will play an active role in the Hub UK, performing risk-based audit reviews as part of a team and recommending solutions to identified issues and weaknesses. Your main areas of focus will be on the Retail entities and CIB Functions areas.
You will complement the existing skillset within the audit team by means of contributing knowledge (including but not restricted to knowledge of relevant products) grounded in practical business experience.
Key Responsibilities of role
Specific responsibilities associated with this role include:
1. Participation in audit assignments as a member of an audit team with responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring the timely performance of his or her parts of the assignment whilst having regard to the main risks detailed in the Risk and Related Control Matrix.
- Ensuring that the Head of Assignment is kept updated with the progress of the assignment on a continuous basis.
- Preparation of summaries and conclusions to the phases of the assignment under his or her responsibility for review and approval by the Head of Assignment and lead the presentation of these to the relevant auditees.
- Input of all missions and associated documentation to the required Hub and IG standard into the Hub audit drive and UNIK (Audit tool).
- Willingness to travel if required mainly within the UK.
2. To assist the Head of PF, Retail and Functions in performing other audit related tasks such as the annual risk assessment, requests for audit recommendation closure, etc.
3. Perform or participate in ad-hoc projects and investigations including Quality Assurance Reviews, Regulatory assignments and follow up of IG missions; non-lead role in detailed investigation of incidents (Special Assignment status).
4. Contribute to the maintenance and development of the Internal Audit department, in particular the tools and techniques used.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team
- Good drive: motivated and proactive
- Strong analytical skills: including ability to understand quickly the critical steps in a process, synthesise and process complex information and understand the related risks of various natures, including use of data.
- Strong communication skills: ability to listen, clear verbal and written communication in the English language.
- Thorough and organised with an ability to prioritise and work under time-pressure.
- Product/business knowledge related to 1 or more of the business lines this role supports and/or
- Proven experience from an internal/external audit or consultancy background covering e.g. quality assurance, project management, risk management or specifically operational risk.
- Good understanding of UK regulation
- Data analytics experience is a “plus”
- Academic background in Finance / Banking and/or
- IIA certification and/or
- Professional accountancy qualification