Business Area Overview
You will operate as a member of a highly qualified Audit Hub of approximately 85 auditors. The Hub’s remit is to provide audit services to the Businesses, Operations and Functions in France, UK, Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Middle-East and South Africa in close liaison with Senior Management and Head Office entities. The main focus is to help the organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
As a member of the Securities Services & International Financial Services Audit team, you will have responsibility for undertaking audit reviews across the CIB (Securities Services) and International Financial Services business lines covering:
BNP Paribas Securities Services
BNP Paribas Cardif (Insurance)
BNP Paribas Investment Partners
BNP Paribas Wealth Management
BNP Paribas Real Estate
Our Audit Hub provides employees with an excellent grounding in all aspects of the business, and regular interaction with Management enables strong relationships to be built, allowing a robust grounding in all aspects of the businesses.
Having performed successfully in this role, the individual will have the benefit of a broad range of career opportunities within the Group - both within Internal Audit, and wider business lines/functions; in the UK and abroad. A comprehensive training programme is in place to ensure continued professional development.
Overall Job Purpose
To complement the existing skillset within the London-based Securities Services & International Financial Services team by means of contributing product knowledge grounded in practical business experience. The Auditor will play an active role in the CIB, UK & ME region Hub, performing risk-based audit reviews and recommending solutions to identified issues and weaknesses.
Participate in audit assignments from the planning phase through to audit recommendations follow-up.
Provide conclusions and recommendations on the audit and present these to the relevant key audit stakeholders.
Contribute to comprehensive and value-adding audit reports.
Maintain audit documentation in accordance with IG standards and in the IG audit tool.
Perform periodic Risk Assessments where the input contributes to the audit planning process
There may also be opportunities to participate in other reviews within the Paris CIB, UK & ME regions scope outside the core business line coverage, ad-hoc investigations including Quality Assurance Reviews at other geographical locations, Regulatory assignments and non-lead roles in detailed investigations/Special Assignments.
- Product knowledge related to 1 or more of the businesses this role supports
- Past experience from an audit or consultancy department covering e.g. organisation, quality assurance, project management, risk management or operational risk is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel if necessary (manly UK, Channel Islands and Paris) – not more than 25%
- Technical: Academic background in Finance / Banking with good understanding of the UK regulations
Essential Skills / Competencies
- Strong analytical skills: including ability to understand quickly the critical steps in a process, synthesise and process complex information and understand the related risks of various nature.
- Good drive: motivated and proactive
- Thorough and organised with an ability to prioritise.
- First class communication skills: ability to listen, clear oral and written communication.
- Ability to work in a team.