At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
The Inspection Group, as the Bank's periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks. The Audit Manager is primarily responsible for audit execution of BSA/AML, and sanctions compliance audit assignments.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages, directs, mentors, trains and evaluates assigned staff.
- Leads large and complicated audits as the Head of Assignment. Responsible for the related audit scoping, planning, evaluating, reporting, and supervising. Provides subject matter expertise support on integrated audits.
- Completes continuous monitoring activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact the timing of the next audit assignments.
- Prepares, updates, and/or reviews risk assessments for assigned auditable entities.
- Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to address audit recommendations or completes 2nd level of supervisory review over audit recommendation closure over non-complex findings.
- Communicates effectively, clearly, concisely, and accurately using written and verbal communications with all levels of management.
- Demonstrates emerging expertise in audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge.
- Manages and supervises to ensure BNPP Inspection Generale and Bank of the West Inspection Group policies and procedures are adhered to on audit assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in applicable and related field
Preferred license(s) or certification(s) CIA, CAMS, and/or CRCM
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Years of functional/professional experience: Minimum years of audit experience: Typically 8+ years
- Years of supervisory or managerial experience: Typically 2+ years Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Primary focus of role is on day-to-day deliverables, developing solutions based upon subject expertise, and occasionally representing the department at a broader level.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Maintains current on industry developments affected areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrable strengths in the following:
- Auditing core elements of a financial services company’s Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC/Sanctions Compliance Program; auditing products and services that present higher
- BSA/AML/OFAC/Sanctions risks to financial services companies; Three lines of defense compliance model; FFIEC BSA/AML examination manual requirements; Compliance risk and control framework; Financial Security and KYC domains.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Audit