Main Objectives & Purpose:
Support the day-to-day Transaction Solutions for Banks (TSB) requirements for the bank’s TSB Americas Business Line, which cover U.S., Canada and Latin American Banking Client relationships.
BNP Paribas’ strategy is to emerge as a premier provider of transaction banking services
to select third-party banks on a global basis. We will have a key focus on providing EUR, and CAD clearing services out of our Paris, and Montreal platforms respectively as well as other banking services such as autoconvert and depository solutions, as well as traditional trade and trade finance services in markets where we have a presence. With teams regionally based in the Americas, Western Europe, Asia and the Middle East, we are expanding our coverage model in the Transaction Banking space for Financial Institutions. In line with this coverage strategy, the account manager position was created to support the TSB teams in the Americas.
- Engage with the client and internal partners during the on-boarding process to ensure a smooth start of the relationship
- Monitor new business and ensure volumes ramp up according to agreed terms
- Ensure we deliver high level of customer satisfaction post sale of all transaction banking products
- Marketing Support:
- Support in identification of sales opportunities
- Support in preparation of client planning (develop internal strategic alignment, participate in pipeline meetings, etc.)
- Participate in client facing origination , structuring and closing
- Preparation of pitches and subsequent deal communication. Serve as the clients’ main contact point for all “non-business” as usual matters
- Service level escalation
- Contact for urgent matters (e.g.: to liaise with operations to facilitate one-off or custom payment execution requirements on a best efforts basis)
- Window to BNPP Trade & Treasury Solutions globally
- Cross sell Cash and Trade products
- Look for opportunities to grow revenue with the TSB client base, based on knowledge of flows and client
- On site operational training to client middle and back office staff
- E.g.: Payment formatting & product training,
- Coordinate administrative/marketing resources for Global Banking client events
Knowledge of Correspondent Banking Service Products (e.g.: various Deduct from Proceeds/Receipt structures, OUR payments variations, SWIFT instruction and reporting formats 103, 202, 101, 940,950) and payment routing and execution via , U.S./Euro/CAD clearing systems (FED, CHIPS, TARGET, EBA, LVTS, CHAPS)
Knowledge of Correspondent Banking trade products (Commercial LCs, Standby LC’s, Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds, Guarantees, LC SWIFT formatting 700,710, 740, 760, confirmations)
Knowledge of check processing protocols, deposit, collection, guaranteed final availability processes
Knowledge of ACH processing preferred.
Knowledge of U.S. Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC Sanctions/Embargo regulations pertaining to the Correspondent Banking business
Proficient in using PowerPoint to draft client presentation and presentation for internal management business review
Proficient in using Excel to conduct analysis on client payment activity, creating cash product revenue scenarios, P/L analysis
Excellent verbal and written communication skill
Minimum 2 years’ experience working with banks on cash and trade products
Experience working directly with clients in person and on the phone
Business to Business sales experience a plus
Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese preferred, French a plus.
Minimum under graduate degree preferred
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: US-NY-New YorkJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: MISCELLANEOUSEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 2 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change