About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
ISPL Compliance Hub as a department was established in November 2013 at ISPL in Mumbai, India with the hire of a department head. The ISPL team provides support on compliance administrative level tasks to BNPP compliance teams globally.
The scope of work includes offshoring administrative and Level I support to functions such as:
- Training Support
- Capital Markets Surveillance
- Employee Personal Account Dealing
- Electronic Communications Surveillance
- Offshoring/Outsourcing Coordination
- Projects & System Support
- KYC Support
- AML Post transaction monitoring Support
· Direct contribution to the Bank’s operational permanent control framework.
1. Perform ongoing AML/CTF risk monitoring on clients and account transactions covered by APAC AML Activity and Transaction Ongoing Monitoring ("ATOM") tool.
2. Review, analyze and dispose of ATOM alerts in accordance with predefined rules and relevant procedures.
3. Obtain and upload alert analysis results and relevant material for record keeping purposes.
4. Prioritize ATOM alerts and conclude the alerts as quickly as possible and within the indicative target timelines without compromising the quality and completeness of the analysis.
5. Ensure escalation of ATOM alerts to Country Compliance is proper, in a timely manner and supported by relevant information and due diligence search results.
6. Support the Head of APAC ATOM Hub to implement and execute APAC ATOM procedure and other relevant policies and procedures of BNPP.
7. Assist in ATOM projects and user testing assessments as and when required.
8. Comply with APAC ATOM procedure and other relevant policies and procedures of BNPP as well as relevant AML/CFT/Sanctions laws and regulations; and keep updated on latest trends of AML/CFT/Sanctions laws and regulations, and industry best practice.
9. Collaborate and work in tandem with team members of APAC ATOM Hub and relevant stakeholders.
10. Be supportive and adoptive to changes of procedures and scope of works.
11. Meet the QA requirements and the expected daily alert disposal volume. Notify the Head of APAC ATOM Hub in a timely manner when backlog is foreseeable.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· At least 3 years’ experience in banking /financial industry or handling AML transaction monitoring and investigation.
· A good understanding of corporate banking and trade finance transactions.
· Familiar with international AML regulations and sanctions.
· Good communication skills and eager to learn.
· Proactive and alert to AML risks.
· Analytical and with an investigative eye for accurate details and red-flag situations.
· Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
· Ability to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
· Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and preferably with some experience of dealing in multiple countries in APAC region
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution (e.g. ICA or ACAMS). Post-graduate degree or law degree may be a plus.
· Asian language capability is desirable, but not essential.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)