About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Global Market Operations is a global team, incorporated in 4 main platforms (New-York, London, Hong-Kong and Paris) working very closely with Front Office (FO) (Sales and Trading), Back Office, IT, Finance, Risk, Valuations & Risk Control and Process teams.
Its main missions are to support efficiently the Front Office over the core controls performed post trades:
Trade support, Referential & Corporate Events, P&L, Reporting, Control, Confirmation, Back Office and Settlement, Prime Brokerage, Execution and Brokerage
Global Markets Documentation
ISPL Matching & Chasing team
Mumbai / Bengaluru
Business Line / Function:
Associate / Sr Associate
Chasing & Matching Team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Global Markets Documentation
The officer will be a part of the chasing and matching team for Foreign Exchange, Money Market, Equity Derivatives, Credit and Interest Rate Derivatives and Commodity trading (power, gas, oil, precious metals).
Mandate of Confirmations Team:
Chasing and Matching Team:
The Chasing team is responsible for ensuring that all BNP Paribas confirmations are
Retrieved from clients executed for Interbank and Corporate Clients. The team covers a wide range of products traded by the Trading desks such as Vanilla products and the more complex Structured trades. The Chasing team is also responsible in resolving any Litigation that clients may raise upon receipt of the BNP Confirmation.
This will involve investigating the issue and liaising with internal teams such as FO, Trade Support, Drafting team, Local back Office, Legal depending on the type of Litigation raised until resolution.
- Minimize operational failure, including but not exclusively the risk of fraud by helping to devise and by implementing sufficient regular controls
- Ensure appropriate escalation to management as soon as an issue is identified.
- Ensure that documentation controls are done daily, comments detailed clearly, and be responsible for reliability of records
- Ensure set KPIs are met
- Play a Role in Project Management
Continuous Control & Improvement:
- Continuous review of processes and controls ensuring we minimize the Operational Risk to BNP Paribas.
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
- Participate to global projects related to any Documentation processes improvements.
- Play a key Role in Project Management
Key results areas:
- Process Alignment
- Capacity to handle analysis/ continuous improvement/light touch projects
- Transversality of the global setup
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Technical competencies :
- Fluent English
- ISDA definitions & templates
- Front to back workflow
- Risk Management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to innovate
- Strong team player and strong problem-solving mindset as well as client-oriented
- Advanced proficiency in Excel & presentations
Behavioral Competencies :
- Organized & good resistance to stress
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workloads & use a proactive approach to meet deadlines
- Self-discipline & autonomy
- Adaptability & Change Management: Fungible resource who is ready to adapt
- Strong Client Focus: Client is at the center of all our concerns.
- Escalation & Reporting
- Effective escalation and consensus builder
- Significant experience in Documentation (drafting /chasing/matching)
- Bachelor or Master Degree on Economics, Mathematics or Finance.
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)