Associate/Senior Associate/Assistant Manager - System Support Analyst
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
ISPL Compliance Hub as a department was established in November 2013 at ISPL in Mumbai, India with the hire of a department head. The ISPL team provides support on compliance administrative level tasks to BNPP compliance teams globally.
The scope of work includes offshoring administrative and Level I support to functions such as:
ü Training Support
ü Capital Markets Surveillance
ü Employee Personal Account Dealing
ü Electronic Communications Surveillance
ü Offshoring/Outsourcing Coordination
ü Projects & System Support
ü KYC Support
ü AML Post transaction monitoring Support
System Support Analyst
ISPL Compliance Hub
Business Line / Function:
Head- ISPL Compliance Hub
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
· The Group Compliance function ensures compliance with international regulatory and internal policy requirements. This function requires understanding the needs of multiple stakeholders, understanding of the systems and processes that support watch lists, sanctions lists and payment filtering systems.
· The process is to filter transactions and customers against sanctions and PEPs lists, to ensure compliance with regulations on terrorist financing and embargoes, and meet Know Your Customer (KYC) and customer due diligence (CDD) requirements using Fircosoft as the primary system
· The role is NOT technical IT support but functional support of multiple Compliance applications related to - filtering transactions and customers against sanctions and PEPs lists, to ensure compliance with regulations on terrorist financing and embargoes, and meet Know Your Customer (KYC) and customer due diligence (CDD) requirements .
· Responds to and log all incoming support tickets and e-mails from end compliance users in accordance with support service levels agreements for response time, frequency in communicating status of open issues and prompt resolution.
· Support User Access Management (UAM), also known as identity and access management (IAM) for these compliance tools. This would include Addition, removal, modification and conduct periodic user access reviews.
· Assist Compliance users in resolving Compliance tool-related issues.
· Support Compliance teams in completing data extraction requests.
· Follow issues/tickets through to resolution (including verification of the problem resolution before communication to users and closure of the request, as well as the creation of post incident reports for key issues) and prompt escalation of issues where necessary.
· Act proactively to ensure requests are responded in a timely manner.
· Proactively communicate with users in case of issues or other topics related to the applications
· Contribute ideas for improvements to the support process and infrastructure and strive to continually improve the process.
· Provide regular reporting on support activity for training and product improvement purposes
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· High quality client service attitude
· Customer service oriented
· Experience in computing and information technology
· Aptitude for technical activities
· Willing to update knowledge as technology changes
· Ability to take initiative
· Logical approach to the solution of problems
· Able to work independently or with in Team and interact with global teams.
· Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills mandatory
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· 2-4 years’ experience or more
· Fluency in English
· Understanding of sanctions lists, watch lists, payment filtering systems, KYC and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) processes
· Experience using FIRCOSOFT tool
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)