Associate - Reconciliation
This role is an entry-level position that requires little formal education with excellent communication skills. In this position, an associate performs the role of preparer and has to deliver the reconciliations done between bank/out of bank assets Vs ledger accounts and save necessary back-up for further assimilation to stakeholders. A associate will also contribute by bringing in the exuberance and fresh ideas to the table in this fast changing environment.
- Acquire complete understanding of the reconciliation process & its related functions with various parties involved. For example: Custody, TA, Pricing, FDS, NAV, Corporate Actions, Transactions processing etc.
- Strive to become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process by acquiring complete knowledge of reconciliations processing across all funds & instruments types.
- Ensure all reconciliation breaks in cash, shares, securities and derivatives are identified, investigated, followed-up and commented (as per standard commentary format) for each NAV calculation.
- Ensure reconciliations are completed for each NAV calculation.
- Completeness of reconciliations includes:
- Tracking transaction sign-off in e-mail box.
- Tracking pricing sign-off in e-mail box. (specific for derivatives reconciliations).
- Identification of breaks.
- Saving relevant back-ups whenever there are breaks in funds.
- Closing of reconciliations on reconciliation tool (pControl/Intellimatch).
- Update time on tracker upon completion of processing of reconciliations (on time).
- Digital checks to be performed when reconciliation performed manually.
- Adhere to quality SLA of 99% & above while performing reconciliations.
- Adhere to timeliness SLA of 95% & above while performing reconciliations.
- There should be no comebacks from NAV teams on the reconciliations performed.
- There should be no incidents logged on reconciliations performed.
- Regular follow-up on aged breaks to be done diligently and should be highlighted to supervisor for further escalation in case break not cleared.
- Be proactive in resolving queries and escalate immediately to the supervisor on any issues/queries/escalations.
- Ensure to complete ad-hoc duties which may arise from time to time, mainly on month ends, year-ends and system down-time scenarios.
- Monitor the respective group mail box and respond efficiently to the queries.
- Required to plan leaves in advance as per GSO policies and keep a tab on unplanned leaves.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks and meets strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
- Should be self-motivated and energetic.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Any graduate profile with excellent communication and analytical skills and basic knowledge on financial and capital markets.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent