About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through two core businesses: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking and Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services).
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has had a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services.
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s foremost financial institutions, and offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
Bank of the West, our retail banking and services affiliate, serves more than 2 million individuals and small- and medium-sized businesses through a network of around 500 branches and business centers across the U.S.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas The Bank for a Changing World.
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
Results and Impact
Leadership and Collaboration
Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
Compliance Culture and Conduct
Global Market Quantitative Research Team is responsible for most aspects of quantitative research within the Global Market universe, covering Interest Rates, FX, Credit, and Equity. There are teams in London, New York and Asia supporting trading activities of the flow and structured desks. They are responsible for the development of pricing, risk, and profitability models and their implementation in the global analytics library.
This is a front office quantitative analyst role with a focus on the products traded in Americas with continuous business interaction. The applicant will be expected to:
- Participate in the global research and development effort on various aspects of Financing business –Stock Loan and Inventory Management.
- Design, implement, and support collateral optimization tools for the Financing business using knowledge of various optimization algorithms.
- Utilize analytical, statistical, and technical skills to perform and automate counterparty performance analyses for the Stock Loan business.
- Build and maintain dashboard to track Balance Sheet usage by financing clients for Funding desk.
- Enhancement and rollout of real time pricing tools for Stock Loan desk.
- Focus on improving industrialization opportunities by automating tasks on a prioritized basis across the Financing Quantitative Research platform.
- Support the Stock Loan and Funding desks on Quant Research built applications on a daily basis.
- Take an active part in all front office activities by collaborating with other functions (Trading, Sales, IT and Market Risk) and Research globally.
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD) in science or engineering;
- Strong analytical skills and technical background in mathematics, computer science or finance;
- Knowledge of statistics as well as optimization algorithms;
- Prior programming experience in Python or C#.
- Experience with the Equity Financing business (Stock Loan & Funding) along with conceptual understanding of pricing and collateral optimization.
- Effective communication skills, ability and willingness to engage the business;
- Delivery focused and willingness to collaborate with other teams;
- Experience with the Fixed Income Financing business is a plus
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.