In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
• Overall production of the Net Asset Valuations (“NAVs”) for primarily private capital clients, single manager & fund of hedge fund in adherence to IFSO client service level documents. NAVs for clients may be produced daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly according to clients’ requirements. The team independently reconcile, review and report on trades, positions, cash and prices, controls general ledger postings and the final NAV review sign off process.
• This position exists due to an ever-increasing pipeline of new and existing client activity
• This role contributes to the team’s overall goal of providing excellent client service
• Overall production of the Net Asset Valuations (“NAVs”) for primarily private capital clients, also single manager & fund of hedge fund & in adherence to IFSO client service level documents. NAVs for clients may be produced daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly according to clients’ requirements. The team independently reconcile, review and report on trades, positions, cash and prices, controls general ledger postings and the final NAV review sign off process.
• Preparing and reviewing calculations for accuracy and completeness, including capital call and distribution activities, private investment activities, income & expenses accruals and waterfall models with compliance to fund documents and operational procedures
• Assisting junior team members, ensuring that all junior team members operate efficiently. Adhering to internal procedures, ISAE 3402 II requirements and IFSO best practice and policy.
• Preparing & reviewing NAV reports– including preparation and review of final trial balances and all underlying portfolio information, accruals and expenses to ensure that information is up to date and complete. Analysing and reviewing movements in the NAV taking into account effects of P&L, side-pockets and hedging on share class/ series NAVs.
• Liaising with the GSO team, prime brokers and investment managers to resolve reconciliation breaks and other NAV related queries on a timely basis.
• Preparing payments for fund fees and expenses in accordance with internal procedures.
• Handling daily/ad-hoc tasks to ensure client / internal deadlines are met. Handling internal administrative tasks (e.g. KPI, KRI, MI reporting, Sage).
• Demonstrating a solid knowledge of the fund administration business and common practice.
• Ensuring completion of the funds’ audit accordance with agreed timeframes and timely filing of the AFS & FAR with CIMA (as applicable).
• Preparing Administrator Reports for presentation at Fund meetings as required.
• Liaising with the external vendors or the funds’ services providers on preparation of the funds’ regulatory reports, K1, PFIC, etc., to ensure completion of the reporting in accordance with the filing time lines set by the regulatory bodies (e.g. IRS, FCA and SEC).
• Promoting and maintaining high quality client service. Handling work with clients, fund managers and other third parties (e.g. fund auditors) on daily operational issues in an independent and professional manner). Responding to client enquiries and queries from other internal departments.
• Actively participating and contributing on product/service development initiatives particularly efront FIA for private capital, valuating processes to improve efficiency and any other internal projects
• Assisting the team managers on the requests from the quality assurance team, operational risk team, internal audit team requests, ISAE audit team etc.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Knowledge of Private Capital Alternative Funds including equities and debts investments, Hedge Funds, NAV calculation, Various investment security types, The use of Pricing Sources (Bloomberg, third party sources, etc), Fund Audit process, Annual Financial Statement preparation and review. Strong knowledge in private debts and loans is preferred.
A problem-solving attitude, positive reaction to changing team dynamics, excellent communication skills (dealing with both internal and external parties), enthusiasm for participating in wider and more varied tasks.
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Having Fund accounting experience in Private Equity Funds especially private debts and loans is preferred