Associate - ORUS Implementation and Support
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
The OPC is responsible for supporting business in the implementation of the Operational Risk and Control framework at Business Level / Function level. Prepare and analyze to make a necessary risk-based decision. Analyze qualitative data of each incident. Update potential incidents. Check the controls timetable. Prepare reports and follow up on them.
· Permanent control
· Perform OPC controls
· Analysis and follow-up of incidents
· Reports & KPIs
· Perform monthly meetings and reports
· Follow up on plans
· Support the Manager on the definition and follow up on action plans
· Follow-up of recommendations
· Operational risk
· Check risk map
· Respect the norms and standards of BNP Paribas Securities Services
· Perform tasks and/or participate in projects needed for the efficient achievement of BNP Paribas Securities Services objectives
Associate/Associate Level 1
May 5, 2019
Mumbai, Malad East
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The objective of this role is to provide a 1st level support to the Operational Risk Management. Within CIB APAC, the Core tool used is ORUS.
Operations Control is an Operational management function to
· Monitor all daily processes are handled correctly
· All outstanding tasks / processes are identified, justified and actioned accordingly.
· Reports are produced regularly to the management to review.
· Continuous improvements on control monitoring as processes are continuously evolving.
· Implementation of the new processes or deep enhancements of the existing ones.
· To hold the Workshops with the concerned teams
· To perform the design of the Flowcharts and the controls
· To present and request the validation to the Customers
· To make the Modeling in the Designer Tool
· To ensure that the result is properly reflected in ORUS
· To perform the training & guidance before the go live
· Performance administration support to the ORUS tools, user accounts & profile maintenance.
· Maintenance of the Controls that are implemented within ORUS: Self-Declarative & Control of Control i.e. small changes in process flows, update of procedures, update of control points.
· Maintenance of regular reporting for the APAC stakeholders.
· Generation of Weekly & Monthly reports
· Generation of ad-hoc reports
· Support in changes of report formats
· Escalation to OPC for OPC audit related queries. The OPC managers in ISPL/ rest of APAC are responsible for the monitoring & auditing of the controls.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Fluent in spoken and written English
· Good comprehension, presentation & interpersonal skills
· Experience in Process Mapping
· Experience in IT support is a bonus
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Degree Holder in Finance and/or IT or equivalent
· Risk Management monitoring / incident avoidance is a plus
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Able to work under pressure independently
· Self-Initiative and be pro-active
· Attention to details and challenge issues when problem arises
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree Holder in Finance and/or IT or equivalent
Essential Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good comprehension, presentation & interpersonal skills
- Experience in Process Mapping
- Experience in IT support is a bonus
Other Value-added Experiences
- Able to work under pressure independently
- Self-Initiative and be pro-active
- Attention to details and challenge issues when problem arises