Associate M&A Investment Banking (m/w/d)
Frankfurt/Main Vollzeit unbefristet
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking is a bridge between large multinationals and mid-sized companies with international business activities (Corporates) and institutional investors and financial service providers (Institutionals). The division is a leading provider of sustainable financing and investment solutions. More than 35,000 employees worldwide serve around 18,000 corporates and institutions in 56 countries. In Germany, around 800 employees work for our clients.
In the area of M&A Advisory, BNP Paribas is a constant in Germany and is also regularly involved in very large transactions. The M&A advisory business includes company acquisitions and sales, public takeovers, but also the preparation of initial public offerings as part of IPOs. The spin-off of the energy business of Siemens AG (Siemens Energy), the IPO of Auto1, the break-up of Innogy between RWE and E.ON or the sale of a stake in Baywa's renewables business are just a few of the well-known transactions in which the German M&A team at BNP Paribas was most recently active in an advisory capacity.
Challenges that let you grow:
- Responsible for preparation of pitching books under the supervision of the D / VP
- Responsible for presentation aspects (master book)
- Propose first draft of selected slides and sections based on outlines made by D / VP
- Responsibility for valuation / modelling
- Directly in charge of the most complex analyses (Merger model, LBO, complex Business Plans)
- Coaches and supervises analysts on basic modelling (multiples, DCF)
- Check with rigour and take full responsibility and ownership of all outputs from Analysts
- Contribute to recruitment and training of Analysts and coaching of interns
Skills that convince:
- Appropriate academic background (BSc / MSc in Finance or similar)
- Several years of M&A experience at investment banks or boutiques (in the role of M&A Analyst or equivalent)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- A good understanding of Corporate Finance Advisory matters
- Relevant Experience of Valuation and Financial Performance analysis
What we offer:
- Modern working environment, including work laptop & mobile for flexible working
- Building (inter)national networks and career prospects within the BNP Paribas Group
- Many benefits for employees, e.g. family service, Jobbike, Jobticket, Sodexo meal vouchers, Occupational pensions & Central location with good public transport connection
BNP Paribas has committed to the sustainable and forward-looking design of society. Ethical principles, risk awareness and responsibility are the foundations of our day-to-day action. The BNP Paribas Group has set itself the goal of raising awareness, motivating and activating its stakeholders, particularly employees, partners and shareholders, as well as the society on sustainable issues. The Commitment to Diversity has confirmed BNP Paribas with the signing of the Diversity Charter in 2017 and is part of the JamaisSansElles initiative, which promotes women's visibility.
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It has a presence in 68 countries, with around 193,000 employees, including almost 148,000 in Europe. The BNP Paribas Group has been active in Germany since 1947 and has successfully positioned itself on the market with twelve entities. Private customers, companies and institutions are looked after by roughly 6,000 employees in all relevant economic regions all over the country. The wide-ranging products and services offered by BNP Paribas are that of an innovative universal bank.
Would you like to help shape a changing world?
Then go with us the next step and apply now via the application button as Associate Mergers & Acquisitions Investment Banking (m/f/d)! Please contact Ansgar Rothkegel on +49 (0) 6971938080 as well as by email: recruiting.germany [at] bnpparibas (dot) com.
COVID-19-Update: The safety and well-being of our candidates and our employees have the highest priority. The interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.