Do you want to:
- Be able to develop your project finance, corporate finance and advisory skills?
- Helps us build up a new team based in Madrid to support our corporate and institutional clients around the world in accelerating their transition to a sustainable and low-carbon economy?
- Be part of one of the top banks and employers in the world?
If your answer to the 3 questions is YES, keep reading.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
As part of its 2025 Strategic GPS plan, the bank has created the Low Carbon Transition Group (“LCTG”) to contribute to the acceleration of its corporate and institutional clients’ transition to a sustainable and low-carbon economy.
LCTG mission is to originate low-carbon transition business, in a global and product-agnostic approach, leveraging on the integrated model of the bank, and its proven capabilities in Equity, Advisory, and Debt financing.
LCTG comprises (i) four sectoral groups: Power & Utilities, Oil & Gas Low Carbon Solutions, Mid & Down-Stream Energies, and Transition Minerals, Metals & Batteries, and (ii) two global Technology transversal groups: Renewables and Hydrogen.
In addition to its low-carbon origination teams, the LCTG also comprises a dedicated coverage for transition accelerators and an Innovation & Business development unit supporting the operations of the group.
LCTG is a global group with a worldwide reach, comprising up to 250 professionals and a presence in all three regions where the bank operates, namely EMEA, the Americas and the APAC region.
In EMEA, the group is located in Paris, London and Madrid.
You will assist senior team members with all their day-to-day activities, whether externally or internally. It comprises: the preparation of client presentations and pitches, the preparation of internal presentation, interaction with other BNPP metiers in the origination of transactions, maintaining market intelligence on key low-carbon sectors, and potentially the execution of new deals in support of the ERI, CF and ECM teams.
You will assist in day-to-day supervision of analysts and act as point of contact for any escalation matter.
This position will expose you to a variety of sectors and products and allow you to acquire project finance, corporate finance and advisory skills.
Marketing and origination support
- Contribute to the preparation of screening memos, commercial proposals/pitches and, as applicable, research papers, preliminary financial modelling, cash flow analysis (incl. debt and equity sizing analysis)
- Supervise analysts in the preparation of presentations and pitches
- Perform background industry and company research, synthesising information from diverse sources
- Interact with internal parties in both marketing and execution
- Track developments in the market
- Think commercially about a client’s business and identify new business opportunities
Internal coordination and analysis
- Manage communication channels between LCTG and the various business lines of the bank, including Industry Group, Corporate Finance, ECM, Energy, Resources and Infrastructure, and Global Markets
- Interact and coordinate with the Americas and APAC LCTG teams as relevant
- Supervise analysts in the preparation of internal analysis and presentations on specific LCTG topics, including sectoral/technology review, investors requirements and investment dynamics
- Interact with market consultants for the analysis of sectoral information
Support to execution of new deals
- Potentially assist in the execution of new deals in close coordination with the Energy, Resources & Infrastructure and European Advisory Group teams, under the leadership of the deal team captain
- Take responsibility for valuation / modelling, preparation of credit proposals, information memoranda, management presentation, and certain due diligence aspects
- Participate in / develop expertise on legal aspects
- As applicable coordinate the work of analysts and trainees
- Ensure high quality standards and reliability of all materials and process execution (including analysts’ work)
- Interact directly with clients and with other advisors (lawyers, co-advisors, etc) at an appropriate level
Skills and Experience
- Strong academic record, by preference Master in Engineering, Economics or Finance preferred
- Previous work experience related to Investment Banking, Structured Finance, Corporate Finance or leading strategy consulting firm
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Analytical mind-set and knowledge of key low-carbon transition markets
- Good presentation skills
- Proficient in English and a second European language a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Express his/her messages in an effective, organised way, appropriate to the audience being addressed
- Demonstrate tenacity and drive
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Carry-out the most complex analysis in almost full autonomy
- Assume responsibility towards client satisfaction and helps develop client relationships at his/her level
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail, adherence to the highest quality standards
- Team Player