Associate Level I - Investment Reporting & Performance
Job Description – APAC
Note to Hiring Manager:
In support of BNP Paribas APAC's Diversity Commitment, Hiring Managers are to consider at least 1 Asia Pacific national, 1 male and 1 female candidate for the position to be filled.
INVESTMENT REPORTING AND PERFORMANCE (IRP)
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Investment Reporting and Performance (IRP) team is a department of BNP Paribas Securities Services providing performances and reporting services to Asset Managers and Institutional clients. Services provided by IRP include state of the art performances and risks calculations delivered on line or through wide range of reports (accounting packs, Factsheets, Investment reviews) or data feeds.
The “ Senior Associate” will be a member of the IRP Production Team (EMEA or APAC), who is responsible of delivering Performance Reports to clients across the world. The IRP team works in multiple shifts including Australia, Singapore, France and UK timings. Few of the key deliverables include:
- BackOffice Support to the performance and reporting services provided by the other IRP Locations,
- Performances and reporting services directly provided to clients in APAC and EMEA region
- Development and maintenance of the IRP systems (Large majority of IRP systems is developed in-house)
- Gathering and check of portfolio data received from Accounting sources, Client/Market analytics (Bloomberg, factset), manager commentaries
- Calculation and Check of performances and risk figures in accordance with the industry standards (GIPS): Total/NAV returns, performances breakdowns, performance attribution, ex-ante and ex-post risk
- Creation and maintenance of the procedure documents
- Generation and distribution of daily/monthly performance reports including Factsheets, Investment Reviews, Accounting Packs, Management reporting etc.
- Maintain the client service KPI to ensure adherence to the SLA
- Maintain effective, proactive communication with internal / external stakeholders to ensure high quality service delivery.
- Adhering to the compliance requirements of the organisation
- Timely escalation of issues to the concerned parties for quick and proactive resolution of queries.
- Management of relation with the Client or the internal / External teams
- Proactive communication
- Timely response to emails
- Maintain the client service KPI’s
- Participating in client service reviews
- Maintain high level of understanding of the client requirements and concerns
- Participation to IRP System evolution
- Suggestion of requirements
- Participation to user acceptance testing
- Adhering to the compliance requirements of the organization
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment management and asset management
- Basic understanding on performance measurement
- Knowledge of statistical risk measures and how to calculate them
- Understanding of Bloomberg, Reuters
- Fund accounting process
- Basic excel and VBA skills
- Strong communication skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Primary Location: IN-TN-ChennaiJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: At least 2 yearsSchedule: Full-time Behavioural competency: Decision MakingTransversal competency: Analytical Ability